Help with a dodgy V6 4Motion purchase. Please, any advice appreciated. - Page 4 - Car Buying and Selling Discussion - uk-mkivs

Photo

Help with a dodgy V6 4Motion purchase. Please, any advice appreciated.

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#91 gwyther09

gwyther09

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

SO thats means i can buy a used lupo for example and after 3 weeks say its unfit for purpose because window's stoed working or door handle as jammed?

this seems very hard to belive BUTSad

who told you this? your or you're mate down the pub/ bar/ local supermarket/ garage/ on the bus/ train or a legal boffin? Surprise

If you call trading standards a legal boffin or a mate yea?

And your just bein stupid now. I said 'unfit for purpose' last time i checked a car was for going from 1 place to another, not for sittin in on a hot day to roll the window down!

#92 gwyther09

gwyther09

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:43 PM

well ive learnt something new again todayBig Smile and no doubt i'ii pass this info onto many people, as even if you have a fault 3months+ down the line You can still question the dealer even if he sold the car with no warranty etc...Big Smile

Yes

Yet another post where your makin stuff up - where you gettin 3months+ from? How much clearer and this is the last time i say it 30DAYS IF ITS UNFIT FOR PURPOSE!!!!

#93 Manderson

Manderson

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

Chaps, I have done more research on this than I did for my qualifications (unfortunately not car related) and have paid my solicitor for even more info. The not fit for purpose and the 3 month thing goes something along the lines of if it is not a wear and tear fault and the car is less than six months it is assumed that the fault was present at the time of purchase, hence putting the onus on the seller to show that it wasn't. There is no 'right' to return any car if the seller will not accept it back. You have to reject it formally, not use it, and go through the process of legal action. BEFORE you buy, check if the business is solvent. You can sue anybody for anything but it they are ltd and they dont have a + balance sheet how do you get the money. No blood out of a stone (ltd co) even if the mountain (owner) does.

#94 cream2cream

cream2cream

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:58 AM

well ive learnt something new again todayBig Smile and no doubt i'ii pass this info onto many people, as even if you have a fault 3months+ down the line You can still question the dealer even if he sold the car with no warranty etc...Big Smile

Yes

Yet another post where your makin stuff up - where you gettin 3months+ from? How much clearer and this is the last time i say it 30DAYS IF ITS UNFIT FOR PURPOSE!!!!

WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU ON ABOUT? it was not me who mentioned the 3 month warranty or any sort of warranty

I think b4 you start accusing people of making stuff up YOU SHUT YOUR FAT FACE and get ur facts right! IDIOT[8o|]

as far as im concerned there is NO WARRANTY only fitness for purpose![:)]

END OF FOOL yes I have called YOU a FOOL[whistle]

#95 cream2cream

cream2cream

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:06 AM

SO thats means i can buy a used lupo for example and after 3 weeks say its unfit for purpose because window's stoed working or door handle as jammed?

this seems very hard to belive BUTSad

who told you this? your or you're mate down the pub/ bar/ local supermarket/ garage/ on the bus/ train or a legal boffin? Surprise

If you call trading standards a legal boffin or a mate yea?

And your just bein stupid now. I said 'unfit for purpose' last time i checked a car was for going from 1 place to another, not for sittin in on a hot day to roll the window down!

dont push it JOKER[paperbag]

#96 samclarke666

samclarke666

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:33 AM

Manderson,

Feel for you mate, same thing happened to me. Previously bought private then got my first car from a dealer and maybe i was a bit lax on my checks and discovered 2 weeks later sh*t loads of faults. Spoke to TS and wrote a letter and luckily the guy offered to repair it all without much hassle... sorry yours hasnt gone that smoothly :(

#97 gwyther09

gwyther09

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:52 AM

Yes

WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU ON ABOUT? it was not me who mentioned the 3 month warranty or any sort of warranty

I think b4 you start accusing people of making stuff up YOU SHUT YOUR FAT FACE and get your or you're facts right! IDIOTSuper Angry

as far as im concerned there is NO WARRANTY only fitness for purpose!Smile

END OF FOOL yes I have called YOU a FOOLWhistle

I did get my facts right mate they were spot on, it was you that messed up, and your clearly p####d off at the fact (probably more p####d off at yourself really), youv tried to make it look like you know everything and give your 2cents worth but unfortunately made yourself look an idiot in the process.

Unlucky mate, still you can chalk this 1 down as experience but next time leave it to someone else who has a clue. Have a nice day [:P]

#98 cream2cream

cream2cream

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

Manderson,

Feel for you mate, same thing happened to me. Previously bought private then got my first car from a dealer and maybe i was a bit lax on my checks and discovered 2 weeks later sh*t loads of faults. Spoke to TS and wrote a letter and luckily the guy offered to repair it all without much hassle... sorry yours hasnt gone that smoothly :(

ok

#99 cream2cream

cream2cream

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

Yes

I think b4 you start accusing people of making stuff up YOU SHUT YOUR FAT FACE and get your or you're facts right! IDIOTSuper Angry

as far as im concerned there is NO WARRANTY only fitness for purpose!Smile

END OF FOOL yes I have called YOU a FOOLWhistle

I did get my facts right mate they were spot on, it was you that messed up, and your clearly p####d off at the fact (probably more p####d off at yourself really), youv tried to make it look like you know everything and give your 2cents worth but unfortunately made yourself look an idiot in the process.

Unlucky mate, still you can chalk this 1 down as experience but next time leave it to someone else who has a clue. Have a nice day Stick out tongue

[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

fool

#100 mjn

mjn

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

cream2cream, are you a mental patient, cos you act like a retard!

#101 joel4motion

joel4motion

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

[:o]

#102 davemk

davemk

More than a fleeting interest

• Moderators
  • 8764 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

Enough thanks. Get this back OT and stop with the handbags.

uk-audis-banner2.gifA3 Sport 2.0TDI 170 - Gone<p>
A3 Black Edition 2.0TFSI

#103 cream2cream

cream2cream

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

[:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S][:S]

#104 oliverbeer

oliverbeer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

how did you get on with this, or is it still ongoing?

#105 matt8808

matt8808

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1669 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

Yeah I'm interested in what the outcome will be!

#106 sando

sando

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:06 PM

Me too.

Just for relevance, the law is 30 days from purchase to have any problems corrected by a dealer or you're entitled to a refund.

Me and my partner, Rachel, have just had to invoke our rights against a dealer who sold us a car. Me and Rachel collected a mk5 04 Golf (with 3 months warranty) and on the drive home noticed some odd noises at idle. Turns out it's the flywheel.

Took it to our local garage who confirmed it, and priced up a conversion to a single-mass flywheel kit (clutch, flywheel, labour + VAT = £715). For the sake of the story, we'll call the dealer Ian. Ian said that we must take the car to his choice of mechanic, pay for repairs ourselves and then 'get creative' with the warranty paper-work and he'd pay us back the difference. We held off, at least until we'd sought some advice.

We called the warranty company, who said that as the flywheel failure occurred within 28 days of purchase then they wouldn't pay because "it's the dealer's responsibility to pay for repairs, not the warranty company, within the first 28 days". Plus, as the problem happened so soon after buying the car then it must have been a pre-existing problem and they wouldn't pay out anyway. So, we saved ourselves the money that we wouldn't have seen again, had we taken Ian's advice.

Talked it through with Ian, had to get very firm and eventually very 'shouty', before we arranged for the car to be trailered back to his garage and for the work to start on Monday, all at Ian's cost.

The car was, until yesterday, at our local garage before being trailered back to Ian's mechanic. Luckily, the mechanic has his trailer all liveried-up so we found the name of the garage he was using (Ian wouldn't tell us which garage he used) and called the mechanic today. Ian had told him that the clutch had gone, and the mechanic was about o order a new clutch kit and not a flywheel kit. Anyway, we've agreed with Ian's mechanic to let us know about things without letting Ian know that we know! All very hush-hush.

So, the car may be back with us mid-week - might not though.

Chuffing car dealers and salesmen. I can honestly say that I've never met an honest one. Even my mates who have worked in the trade previously have imparted shocking horror stories.

#107 cream2cream

cream2cream

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

could u please show me in which LAW books its stated that you get your MONEYBACK in 30 days? [^o)][^o)]

did you buy ur car from one of them rac approved ripoff dealers, who give a 3month warranty just to cover up the clocked mileage or dodge servicing? there;s one near me, has these flags shotup all over his site, claiming his the dogs Two Veg when it comes to car sales, more like the scum of the earth shifting ex lease cars with mega mileage's[:O][:O]!!!

no doubt ur car had been thrashed b4 hand, and as the fault happened on the way home, even if he had not given a warranty u would still of got ur dollar back!!!

as for honest car dealers there aint any, its a industry where rippin people off [cry]is the norm, from the main dealers trying to shift dodge spainish euro imports/ 2 year old manufactured cars as new one's there no hope these days unless u actuall by from the manufacturer direct[H]

#108 cream2cream

cream2cream

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

Yeah I'm interested in what the outcome will be!

me too

#109 pastieman

pastieman

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2172 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Just for relevance, the law is 30 days from purchase to have any problems corrected by a dealer or you're entitled to a refund.

who told you this ??? as its bull.... next time you have any problems talk to trading standards

#110 sando

sando

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:18 AM

who told you this ??? as its bull.... next time you have any problems talk to trading standards

Trading Standards informed us, as did our local garage, and once we'd informed 'Ian' of the fact, he looked into it himself and agreed that we were right. There's Section 75 which applies as a 'fit for purpose' argument (and would exclude minor issues (the flywheel isn't a minor issue, I think you'd agree) and there's also a 'cooling-off period' which allows you to change your mind after entering into a legal contract - and exchanging money for goods is, however oddly, a legal contract between a person and a retailer.

could You please show me in which LAW books its stated that you get your MONEYBACK in 30 days? HmmHmm

did you buy your or you're car from one of them rac approved ripoff dealers, who give a 3month warranty just to cover up the clocked mileage or dodge servicing? there;s one near me, has these flags shotup all over his site, claiming his the dogs *** when it comes to car sales, more like the scum of the earth shifting ex lease cars with mega mileage'sSurpriseSurprise!!!

no doubt your or you're car had been thrashed b4 hand, and as the fault happened on the way home, even if he had not given a warranty You would still of got your or you're dollar back!!!

as for honest car dealers there aint any, its a industry where rippin people off Cryingis the norm, from the main dealers trying to shift dodge spainish euro imports/ 2 year old manufactured cars as new one's there no hope these days unless You actuall by from the manufacturer directCool

Warranties aren't worth the paper they're written on - I know that and most other people do too, it's not news to anyone - but it's a channel you can look into if you've been given one. It's there, you may as well use it, if you can.

As for the law, it's in this thread, a few different people have linked to the relevant articles on the web.

The car had possibly been thrashed before-hand, possibly not though. You never know. These things happen, cars break-down all the time, it just so happens that this was a flywheel. We're not a stupid pair of people though, so we looked into where we stood (legally) and the action we've talen is well within the law. He can either fix it, or he can refund it. He's fixing it.

FYI, 'You're' is a contraction of 'You are'. 'Your' is possessive. If you're going to hand out legal advice, or impart your vast knowledge of a subject, make sure it's at least grammatically correctly. It makes you look stupid and massively reduces your advice's legitimacy.

#111 cream2cream

cream2cream

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:13 AM

the only advice ive issued is that tehre is no lllllegal rrrrright to get your mmmmmmoneyback within 1/2/ or 3 mmmmmonths as some ooooooothers mis guided people have stated which is total BBBBBULL[:D]

p.s. how does mmmmmmy gggggggrammer ssssound nnnnnnow?[<:o)]

#112 cream2cream

cream2cream

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:15 AM

Me too.

Me and my partner, Rachel, have just had to invoke our rights against a dealer who sold us a car. Me and Rachel collected a mk5 04 Golf (with 3 months warranty) and on the drive home noticed some odd noises at idle. Turns out it's the flywheel.

Took it to our local garage who confirmed it, and priced up a conversion to a single-mass flywheel kit (clutch, flywheel, labour + VAT = £715). For the sake of the story, we'll call the dealer Ian. Ian said that we must take the car to his choice of mechanic, pay for repairs ourselves and then 'get creative' with the warranty paper-work and he'd pay us back the difference. We held off, at least until we'd sought some advice.

We called the warranty company, who said that as the flywheel failure occurred within 28 days of purchase then they wouldn't pay because "it's the dealer's responsibility to pay for repairs, not the warranty company, within the first 28 days". Plus, as the problem happened so soon after buying the car then it must have been a pre-existing problem and they wouldn't pay out anyway. So, we saved ourselves the money that we wouldn't have seen again, had we taken Ian's advice.

Talked it through with Ian, had to get very firm and eventually very 'shouty', before we arranged for the car to be trailered back to his garage and for the work to start on Monday, all at Ian's cost.

The car was, until yesterday, at our local garage before being trailered back to Ian's mechanic. Luckily, the mechanic has his trailer all liveried-up so we found the name of the garage he was using (Ian wouldn't tell us which garage he used) and called the mechanic today. Ian had told him that the clutch had gone, and the mechanic was about o order a new clutch kit and not a flywheel kit. Anyway, we've agreed with Ian's mechanic to let us know about things without letting Ian know that we know! All very hush-hush.

So, the car may be back with us mid-week - might not though.

Chuffing car dealers and salesmen. I can honestly say that I've never met an honest one. Even my mates who have worked in the trade previously have imparted shocking horror stories.

no doubt this story is vasly over exaagggggerated [hunter]

p.s. has myyyy ggggrrrammer improoooved yet?[:#][:P]

#113 pastieman

pastieman

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2172 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:43 AM

Strange then as Consumer direct and tranding standards conflict with each others advice..... Hmmmmm ?????

#114 sando

sando

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

Got to love a good keyboard warrior. Believe what I've written or don't, it really doesn't affect my day at all. I'm simply contributing to this thread with my experience. Maybe it will help, maybe it won't. Who cares? One thing is certain though, your trolling doesn't help anyone. Step away from the keyboard, go and get some fresh air and maybe rethink your attitude towards random strangers on the Internet. Be helpful or STFU.

#115 mjn

mjn

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:11 AM

Got to love a good keyboard warrior. Believe what I've written or don't, it really doesn't affect my day at all. I'm simply contributing to this thread with my experience. Maybe it will help, maybe it won't. Who cares? One thing is certain though, your trolling doesn't help anyone. Step away from the keyboard, go and get some fresh air and maybe rethink your attitude towards random strangers on the Internet. Be helpful or STFU.

Well said, my man.

#116 cream2cream

cream2cream

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:37 AM

stop licking  the chaps A HOLE

bloody keyboard warrior[lol-lol]

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.