5 replies to this topic

#1 vwgtiking

vwgtiking

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4956 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:51 PM

Just wondering if anyone on here does it. I have finished my 2nd class today and wondering if anyone can recommend a DVD that will help me practise a little at home.

I can only go twice a week and looking to improve on my flexibility etc and assist remembering techniques and how to kick etc. Any help would be great.

#2 andy_88

andy_88

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Darlington
  • Bora SE TDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:15 PM

I did boxing for many years when I was younger so I know how it feels to be a beginner... I wouldn't waste my time tbh with dvds of such and just keep up with the training and the classes

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

#3 vwgtiking

vwgtiking

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4956 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:40 AM

Just wondering if there was a dvd with exercises / warm ups, and a refresher on the moves I am learning. Just to give me a little extra training between classes etc.

#4 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9561 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:51 PM

not for kickboxing but if you want to be able to not be so tired after the classes you might want to use the P90X dvd's. Not only will it help you get fitter it also helps making you more flexible.

The rest i would take from the classes ;) 

PS who do you train with? 

#5 andy_88

andy_88

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Darlington
  • Bora SE TDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:37 PM

Kind of agree with northpole there... just a general fitness or workout dvd would help with fitness or you could just go to the gym and do cardio etc and then just stick with the learning at your classes

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

#6 vwgtiking

vwgtiking

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4956 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:27 PM

PS who do you train with?

Blackwells academy.

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.