AndrewR18

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Scotland
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v BDE 204PS

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:22 PM

Wondering what my 4mo is worth
51plate 97k on clock clean for its age has some marks its got the full leather nd heated seats. Will sell it with a years ticket on it too

#2 Stonedofmoo

Stonedofmoo

PD297

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts
  • Portsmouth, UK.
  • Golf IV GTI 1.9 ARL 150PS

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:40 AM

That depends on condition, presentation, mods and service history. I just sold my 2001 4Mo with 105k miles for £2200, but it was in particularly good condition and I'd spent a lot on it which was plain to see with new suspension, and brakes all round, refurbished wheels etc. The trouble with the 4Mo is it's a wonderful car, but a little too under the radar for many, they don't have a lot of resale value just now.

My advice is give it a through clean and polish your car up inside and out and stick it on gumtree to see what the response is like. I sold mine in 24 hours of putting it up!

297bhp/400lbs torque @ 2.2bar. GTB2060VKLR, Firad 80%, Gas flowed head, oversized valves, Newmans 276 degree camshaft, Quaife LSD, 100 cell 'race' cat. Engine rebuild finished! https://uk-mkivs.net...gine-is-mapped/

#3 AndrewR18

AndrewR18

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Scotland
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v BDE 204PS

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:59 PM

It is fairly clean got a goof bit of history iv mostly used genuine parts on it for anything it needed and service items are genuine too. Its on coilovers dont know wht make as they were fitted when i bought it. Id sell it with tt v6 style wheels which im going to get refurbed before they go on before winter

#4 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10984 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:09 PM

I thought the going rate was about 1200..
facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#5 Rob136

Rob136

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts
  • Golf IV TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:52 PM

I thought the going rate was about 1200..

I think theres a huge variation on the prices of these, some are dirt cheap but im sure that these cars will be older mistreated examples with poor bodywork and worn interiors little to no service history. Ive seen what appeared to be enthusiast owned cars that have been looked after properly since new going for around 3K yours seems to be roughly in the middle so id say around 2K. if yours has the BDE engine you can still get parts from VW which would be good news for a potential buyer the older engine ( not sure on the code) now has obsolete parts.

#6 Aaronb1985

Aaronb1985

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
  • Lancing West Sussex
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v AUE 204PS

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:53 AM

AUE is the older single coil engine FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

I'm not the 'droid you're looking for.

• Moderators
  • 50170 posts
  • Crawley,West Sussexcestershire
  • Bus Stop Backwards Roof Fire -190PS

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:06 AM

This has been hidden as we now view ALL 'what's my car worth' threads by people with less than the minimum post count as being a way of getting round the system.Google is as accurate to answer this as different people's opinions,or just look on ebay etc to see what they're selling for.

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.