#1 Bruggers100

Bruggers100

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:16 PM

HI,

I know it's not a VW, but I usually get more help on here than anywhere else. The wife's A3 1.6 seems to have a strange coolant loss issue. I've replaced the following items in the last year to stop a significant coolant leak, they were the thermostat and the pipework leading into the bulkhead.  The car was fine after these were changed, however, recently, there is a slight leak from somewhere.  I've checked all the pipework, which all appears to be fine, the only place that I can see coolant on the outside of the engine is right at the bottom of the block where the clutch meets up

Question is, how is it getting there?  I can't see anything running from the waterpump on the other end, so it's a mystery to me where it's coming from as it appears dry everywhere else. I did look at the back of the block and it is wet, but that is from a slight oil leak. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Other

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.