• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kyletrek

kyletrek

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:23 AM

Morning all, I have recently bought a touran 2.0 tdi sport for the mrs it's my first VW and I'm liking it already, now I have an issue that both wings are rotten out along the bottom and needed replacing and the Mrs has managed to take a chunk out of our wall with it ruined the driver wing. Can the mk1 facelift front end be fitted to the none facelift car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 Booster

Booster

Diesel Geek

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts
  • Berkshire
  • Golf IV GTI 25th Anni 1.9 ARL 150PS

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

It isn't plug and play, it does require some fabrication looking at Ollie's build thread
https://uk-mkivs.net/...n-gti-tfsi-bus/

Just a stock diesel Anni................well almost  :new-chuckle:

Build Thread

#3 kyletrek

kyletrek

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:56 PM

I'm looking at this version not the newer one 0370cad03f36a39713a6b52b930ae5a3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 NZDubNurd

NZDubNurd

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Whangarei, New Zealand
  • Other Models

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

Still basically the same job for both fronts.

#5 Ulook92

Ulook92

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Durham
  • Other Models

Posted 26 August 2020 - 12:16 AM

So you have the facelift(one in the picture you posted) and womdering if the older one's wings will fit?

99% sure they dont due to the headlights being different.

Basically everything is the same except the wings, grill and bumper.

I was surprised when i realised the entire interior is the same.

#6 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9919 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 29 August 2020 - 07:47 AM

Actually the sides and interior are the same... the complete front and rear have the facelift changes... 

#7 Ulook92

Ulook92

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Durham
  • Other Models

Posted 29 August 2020 - 02:56 PM

The interior are definitely exactly the same. I took a load og interior parts ouy of an 03 for my 07 facelift.

The front bumpers are definitely different as they have different grills and i assumed the wings were different as the lights are a different shape. You saying theyre the same?

Also the only change to the rear are the lights buy im pretty sure yhey have the same fitting. Just different design to the reflectors/lenses.

#8 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9919 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 01 September 2020 - 07:17 AM

The interior are definitely exactly the same. I took a load og interior parts ouy of an 03 for my 07 facelift.

1- The front bumpers are definitely different as they have different grills and i assumed the wings were different as the lights are a different shape. You saying theyre the same?

2-Also the only change to the rear are the lights buy im pretty sure yhey have the same fitting. Just different design to the reflectors/lenses.

1- No they are not the same, they even have different mounting points that aren't the same between the face lift models

2- No it might look like it but it's not, don't waste money on it unless you know how to weld and fabricate stuff so it actually passes MOT... actually look up 

this build  

Now go through the whole build so you can see the amount of work that is involved in just making the rear light clusters of a facelift fit, or the front for that matter.  note the link is a mk1 to mk2 touran facelift...  ( just skip past the engine swap bits)..  

#9 Ulook92

Ulook92

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Durham
  • Other Models

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:57 PM

Really? I would have thought youd just be able to straight swap the rear lights out.

So what else is different on the back?

I ordered a rear splitter which i think is meant for the mk1 pre facelift but assumed it would fit as it looks exactly the same.
  • Ulook92 likes this

#10 Ulook92

Ulook92

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Durham
  • Other Models

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:58 PM

Also in point 1 were you on about wings yeah?

#11 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9919 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:18 PM

YEs and if you would take the time to go through the build from ollie you will see every single hurdle you'd run into... so i suggest you actually follow the link and take notes... so stop asking, pull your fingers out, click on the link and educate yourself, he put it up so others wouldn't run into problems and the best thing of it is;  it will save you a lot of guessing work and save you money in the long run.    

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.