#1 unitzero

unitzero

Vag addict

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5475 posts
  • Midlands

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:09 PM

It’s that time of the year when no matter how hard you try and how many hours you spend at the weekend cleaning the winter crud from your car; After one trip to work and a jaunt to the supermarket your back end will be filthy !

Post your dirty MK7 rear ends here:

Mine to start with :-

8be82411106c7586e9488a9c07e9ea36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
27786273210_6ebcc383ef.jpg

Keep up with my photo's on instagram:  @_baz

#2 unitzero

unitzero

Vag addict

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5475 posts
  • Midlands

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:14 PM

Glad this thread went down so well

27786273210_6ebcc383ef.jpg

Keep up with my photo's on instagram:  @_baz

#3 Adam_Jonezy

Adam_Jonezy

"I'm not modding this one"

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1705 posts
  • Preston, Lancs
  • Golf IV V5 2.3 20v 170PS

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:19 PM

Glad this thread went down so well

:lol:  I never even saw this thread. I'd have posted my old Golf otherwise, that thing always had a filthy rear haha.

46646425935_ef7f6d720f.jpg

#4 TomasLT

TomasLT

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4645 posts
  • northern europe
  • Golf IV Estate S TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:11 PM

ZGQOsqs.jpg

• Adam_Jonezy likes this

#5 ypvs

ypvs

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts
  • N Cambs
  • Golf V GT TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:53 PM

Around here they go straight on the road without cleaning the wheels. Any warning is normally right on top of the mud trail. Very focussing in a car but heart-stopping when travelling fast on two wheels

#6 TomasLT

TomasLT

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4645 posts
  • northern europe

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:08 AM

Around here they go straight on the road without cleaning the wheels. Any warning is normally right on top of the mud trail. Very focussing in a car but heart-stopping when travelling fast on two wheels

How do you think you’re supposed to clean that on the field?

#7 ypvs

ypvs

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts
  • N Cambs
  • Golf V GT TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:48 PM

Portable jet wash or tanker hose just before joining the road. Here in the UK it is an offence to leave mud/oil/debris on the road liable to cause an accident. I've often wondered how much a 'Have you had an accident not your fault?' lawyer would get out of them

Actually, a warning sign far enough up the road to  sensibly slow down and big enough to read would be nice

#8 TomasLT

TomasLT

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4645 posts
  • northern europe

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:38 AM

Portable jet wash or tanker hose just before joining the road. Here in the UK it is an offence to leave mud/oil/debris on the road liable to cause an accident. I've often wondered how much a 'Have you had an accident not your fault?' lawyer would get out of them

Actually, a warning sign far enough up the road to sensibly slow down and big enough to read would be nice

Same laws here but:
Long story short there are jobs that need you to drive in and out of the field every 15 or so minutes, to clean it decently takes roughly the same and about 0.2-0.5 ton of water. You expect tons of water on every field stashed with a jet wash? Not possible, so like you say a portable one, still needs a container with at least a ton of water and a car with a trailer and another driver to follow you around and refill water, which to do you need actual pump, so another nuisance. Yes, you could wash it with said pump and lose the jetwash but then again it’ll waste that ton in a single wash. Sure it’s possible if you got loads of cash (land) to spare. What if you’re a small farmer that only has one tractor and say only 20ha? You’ll get broke soon just cleaning your wheels.
Whatever you may come up with it’s been thought and tried, it’s just not feasible in real world conditions especially when farmers work only at time provided by weather.
What we do tho is that big brush sweeper thing that sweeps the road, but even then, noone is going to use that all the time, couple times a day or so and even then, only big farms that can afford it and again even those not always get it soo... you’re fighting for already lost cause. Earth is made of dirt, it sometimes gets on roads, deal with it.

Edited by TomasLT, 14 December 2018 - 11:39 AM.

• jwrb likes this

#9 Edvardo

Edvardo

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1403 posts
  • Aylesbury
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:19 PM

I'm waiting for mine to get proper dirty then I'll show it off

'Never test the depth of the water with both feet'

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.