My trusty MK4 1.8T GTi has been playing up recently and I've convinced myself its time to upgrade and treat myself.
I'm looking at used 2.0 TSI GTi's and have some questions if anyone can help.
- Is the performance pack a MUST have? I don't know what the pack fully entails to be fair.
- What sort of Spec / Mileage should I be looking at for 17K? I know this can depend on so many variables, personally I don't want anything over 45-50k on the clock.
- I absolutely hate the Jacara Cloth interior does that mean I'm stuck with leather? dont see many other options about on the GTI's I've been looking at. I quite like the R seats interior (attached a photo.)
- 3dr or 5dr ?? opinions please, personally I think the GTI's just don't look right in 5dr, but when picking people up and general life I'm considering 5dr, even though my heart says 3dr.
- 1 big question for me is Manual or DSG, DSG seems like the way forward but I've never been a fan of having No Clutch pedal and I'm wondering if down the line repairs & services to a manual box will be cheaper. Heavily veering towards a Manual over DSG.
- Here is a car I was looking at: https://www.autotrad...isc&fromSA=true would anyone care to comment on the PRO's and CON's on the model for the price and spec? good/bad ? the mileage is a tad high for me personally but seems like a half decent deal?