leeabr101

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Manchester
  • Golf VI GT TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:53 PM

Ok so ive posted recently regards the 1.4 act and the GTI as Im after a new car and want a GTI but the blonde general is against the GTI due to its stealability.... it doesnt concern me much as most will go for the R however she is adamant no GTI will be parked on our driveway anytime soon.
So ive been thinking that maybe the GTE would sit somewhere in between with GTI looks but economy as my commute is now 4 miles.
Anyoen took the plunge??
Pros? Cons? Costs? Extras they dont mention when sellingnit to you? And are the same options available as Id really like the pan roof and DSG.

#2 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10900 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:12 PM

My mates GTE is lovely.  Less boot space, battery life is sub 20 miles IIRC in the cold etc.  For your trip it would be perfect.  DSG is much more refined now it's older.  Can charge outside your house too.

facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#3 leeabr101

leeabr101

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Manchester

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:19 PM

Has he mentioned costs to charge etc? They say around 85p a charge but “they” say a lot of things that aint true!

#4 gerrywac

gerrywac

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4510 posts
  • West Yorks
  • Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

Has he mentioned costs to charge etc? They say around 85p a charge but “they” say a lot of things that aint true!

Not far off the mark if you have a cheap rate overnight tariff. The GTE battery js rated at 8.7kwh and a kwh cheap rate electricity around 10p

Of course they don't factor in the original additional purchase price nor the cost to replace the life expired battery in running costs

Sent from my GT-I8190N

#5 leeabr101

leeabr101

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Manchester

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:45 PM

How long do the batteries last? Any ideas?

#6 Rudedog

Rudedog

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Kent
  • Golf V GT Sport TDI 2.0 140PS DSG

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:27 PM

I started looking at the GTE as a possible alternative to a GTi, but at the moment they are no where near each other, there are many options that aren't available on the GTE and the paint colours are limited compared to the GTi.

Until they come up a real performance hybrid Golf with all the toys I'll be sticking with a petrol GTi.

Interesting I've just looked on the VW site to check the new car configurator and the GTE has been suspended from the site so no new orders can be placed.

5 door, Sage metallic green, Grand Prix alloys, Winter pack, Folding mirrors & extra storage.

#7 leeabr101

leeabr101

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Manchester

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:11 PM

Yeah theyre unable to keep up with demand which means less depreciation

#8 Rudedog

Rudedog

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Kent
  • Golf V GT Sport TDI 2.0 140PS DSG

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:38 PM

If you really want to see what we are missing brush up on your German and go on the VW.de site and and look on the Konfigurator, see what options they have compared to the UK, they have the option of customised paint (like Audi), way better alloys, but still no heated front screen or dynaudio option which is what I would want.

5 door, Sage metallic green, Grand Prix alloys, Winter pack, Folding mirrors & extra storage.

#9 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9386 posts
  • Leicester
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:55 PM

4 miles? Get yourself an UP GTi.

👍

Golf 1.8T AGU | 232Bhp | Rtech | k03s | Blueflame turbo-back exhaust | K & N panel | SFS / Forge hoses | TurboRevs SMIC | VR6 Clutch | SMF | Saikou Michi catch can | Bilstein B14s | S3 upper & lower braces | Eibach 25mm ARBs | All SuperPro bushes | 312mm/256mm brakes | 18" BBS RCs | Rline rear | R32 front | Hoefle skirts | OEM Xenons | Retrofit heated seats | One touch demister | W8 Interior light | Sunroof | TT Hubs | TT wishbones | TT quick rack |

#10 leeabr101

leeabr101

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Manchester

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:02 AM

And a balaclava to put on when driving it.....
  • Gti Fly likes this

#11 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9386 posts
  • Leicester
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

Nah, the Up GTI is a great car. I'd be happy with one. I also have a 4 mile commute.

It's Up or Polo GTI for me next. The new Polo has the same sized boot as the mk4.

:Y:

Sorry OP I do realise a GTI wasn't an option. Just get a divorce  :paperbag:

Golf 1.8T AGU | 232Bhp | Rtech | k03s | Blueflame turbo-back exhaust | K & N panel | SFS / Forge hoses | TurboRevs SMIC | VR6 Clutch | SMF | Saikou Michi catch can | Bilstein B14s | S3 upper & lower braces | Eibach 25mm ARBs | All SuperPro bushes | 312mm/256mm brakes | 18" BBS RCs | Rline rear | R32 front | Hoefle skirts | OEM Xenons | Retrofit heated seats | One touch demister | W8 Interior light | Sunroof | TT Hubs | TT wishbones | TT quick rack |

#12 leeabr101

leeabr101

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Manchester

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:07 PM

Haha! Id probably get away with an UP but with a wife and two kids, it aint gonna work!

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.