• PipPipPip
  • 1602 posts
  • Croydon
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:05 PM

Big 馃

Bolf gttdi asz 130/200 ish MK4 Golf 1.8t aum running after hard graph

http://GLENDILS 1.8T...DI BUILD THREAD

Genuine ross tech hex+can code mk4 clocks and keys mte lit needles and other adaptions read faults and send in email PM me

#32 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:10 PM

Big

It's gonna be good. Once I've got the engine sorted, with nice shoes I'll get to work refining the suspension setup and sort the bodywork.

I'm thinking r32 all round, dual exit exhaust, nice black roof

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Caddy MK2 SDi  路  Cordoba Vario TDi  路  Puke Green Polo Estate TDi: AHU

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

NOW WITH: Weird TDI parts and custom stoof

#33 Glendil

Glendil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1602 posts
  • Croydon

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:16 PM

It's gonna be good. Once I've got the engine sorted, with nice shoes I'll get to work refining the suspension setup and sort the bodywork.

I'm thinking r32 all round, dual exit exhaust, nice black roof

I know someone selling a rear maybe the front to 馃槀馃槀

Genuine ross tech hex+can code mk4 clocks and keys mte lit needles and other adaptions read faults and send in email PM me

#34 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:36 PM

So this bank holiday weekend I made the stupid decision to drive 270+ miles to see @Adam_Jonezy.

I came back with some nice wheels... A set of 5sp 9j and 10j Extreme Offset wheels.* (been informed they are 8j and 9j... oops)

They suit the car perfectly... though now I need to drop the front a bit to match the rear.  :wub:  :wub:

rqykHZ3.jpg

Still on the hunt for Tornado Red wings... Mine are only a "bit" knackered!  :lol-lol:

Edited by jwrb, 31 March 2018 - 10:32 PM.

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

#35 TomasLT

TomasLT

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4645 posts
  • northern europe
  • Golf IV Estate S TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:23 PM

I see potential here. Black roof, black mirrors, windows tinted black, black headlights. Is it diesel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#36 Adam_Jonezy

Adam_Jonezy

"I'm not modding this one"

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1705 posts
  • Preston, Lancs
  • Golf IV V5 2.3 20v 170PS

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:30 PM

They're 8J and 9J 馃槒馃槀 least I can still see them 馃槀

46646425935_ef7f6d720f.jpg

#37 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:31 PM

I see potential here. Black roof, black mirrors, windows tinted black, black headlights. Is it diesel?

Yep. It's a derv  B)

Already in contact with a paint shop about the roof, rear spoiler has a bit of fade and the tailgate and wings are pretty rotten.

I'll be ordering some black wing mirrors soon, and I've got blacked out depo lights, modden with a twindicator and US DRL indicators... they will look swish.

Also waiting for some fella to get back from holiday so I can pick up an R32 rep bumper... ABS with a couple of small cracks but once I have it I'll get the car in for paint  :D

Also going to notch the chassis in a week or three so prep for air ride (and for more lows clearance) :Y:

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

#38 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:31 PM

They're 8J and 9J least I can still see them

Oops. My bad  :lol-lol:  They look so thicc'

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

#39 Adam_Jonezy

Adam_Jonezy

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1705 posts
  • Preston, Lancs

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:36 PM

Cars got a fat ass now 馃槀

Damn I'm jealous, these wheels will look so good aired out fitment will be perfect 馃い馃い

#40 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:47 PM

Cars got a fat ass now

Damn I'm jealous, these wheels will look so good aired out fitment will be perfect

Bloody has. Need to black out a few items though...

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

#41 TomasLT

TomasLT

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4645 posts
  • northern europe

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:58 PM

Black rear bumper then? If you know what I mean

#42 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:36 AM

Black rear bumper then? If you know what I mean

Haha  ;)

Gonna have a black roof, r32 rep bumpers on the front and rear, black wing mirrors, black interior, blacked out twindicator drl's with angel eyes  :rolleyes:

Can't wait  :whistle:

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

#43 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:22 PM

Update time while I wait for a 3D render to finish  :Y:

So I got a short shifter last week, installed it the next day in a break at work, super quick process! Only took about 10 minutes!

NrNB4AN.jpg

Ew old shifter... Go away!

New one in, did it with a basic socket set; socket under with nut loose and hit on the top to push the shaft down, then the old one slid right off. New one in! Job jobbed  :whistle:

vDYAx3C.jpg

in the picture below you can see the throw is slightly shorter.

HMQF5uq.jpg?1

Also started working with ma brother in law fixing up a bile he bought. Here's a pic of him looking chuffed after we got it to crank  :rolleyes:

RUpvSTd.jpg

Triumph T595 997cc. It's from 1998 but it'll be fun I'm sure  :D

• Adam_Jonezy likes this

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

#44 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10757 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

Yay.

My Dad has a Tiger Cub! 200cc of single cylinder badness!
facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#45 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

Next up, this week I completed my 3DColorMFD install (and got new black hardware for my wheels, yey  :P )

0HSLPWc.jpg

The clocks comprise of the following:

• Petrol Full FIS Bora Sport Cluster + Shell
  • Passat B5.5 TDi Foils + Needles
  • 324 mcd White PLCC2 LED's
  • 3DColourMFD module from Eduardo Diaz
  • Custom software coding

GKS4sro.jpg

So these are my clocks. Obviously there were original petrol so I pulled my old eeprom from the passat clocks I had in the car prior  :whistle:

I then transferred the speedometer and tacho coding from these, enabled needle sweep (staging) on boot, lit needles and displays at all times.

I then corrected the soft coding to match my ASR+EDL which has been disabled on the ABS module, also counter for correct wheel size by adjusting the impulse value in VAG-COM and also by changing the ECU code for the speedometer.

Now when I drive 60mph acording to the display + counter, GPS tracks me at 59.6-59.8, super accurate!

Mileage was transferred across, and the cluster is hooked into CAN so it can read error codes, view measurement blocks and delete errors. The module also monitors CCM functions too :)

I'm not totally happy with the needles, so will be buying some Red PLCC2 324mcd led's for this, hopefully that'll bring the needles out a bit (though it does all look better in person than photos).

Overall, I'm happy for now... Still need to run an extra line from pin 71 on the ECU to monitor boost pressure on the screen  :wub:  No need for a boost guage then  :lol-lol:

So that's me, if you need any cluster work done feel free to drop me a message on here, facebook, instagram. etc... 

EDIT: The mileage on these is also correct, the engine has done 229k  :o

Edited by jwrb, 12 April 2018 - 03:09 PM.

• rainbird likes this

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

#46 rainbird

rainbird

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Plymouth, UK
  • Other Models

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:25 PM

Very cool, and thanks for sharing the details. With some brighter needles (though as you say that may just be the photo dulling them slightly) they should be spot on  :)

Edit; Except for the fact that the word "Power" isn't central with the little gauge above...

Edited by rainbird, 12 April 2018 - 03:26 PM.

#47 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:28 PM

Very cool, and thanks for sharing the details. With some brighter needles (though as you say that may just be the photo dulling them slightly) they should be spot on :)

Edit; Except for the fact that the word "Power" isn't central with the little gauge above...

That's not the default screen... There's 5 different sets to chose from.

Normal one has boost, miles/gal and a couple other bits

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

#48 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

It's been a while since I posted here... Many things have happened.
I got the wishbones that were in the kitchen (seriously, what part of my house isn't filled with car parts), and had Problem Solving Bushings Polybushes pressed in at a local Kwik fit... This was after the old ones were pressed out.
I say old, wishbones, ball joints, hardware and bushes were all brand new. Luckily they came out in one piece; and are the same as the van; so I can save them for that later on!

eu8dRoe.jpg

Next on the list to sort while I was in the area was driveshafts... I'd killed the outer CV on the passenger shaft in a pothole large enough to kill a small child... that and the ripped boot letting dirt get in. RIP CV.
Picked up a set of JR shafts for 拢60~. I know they aren't the highest rated but so far they have held up well (and no vibration at 3K like some here report). I plan to swap the originals back on with new CV joints at some point; but for now I'll keep them as spares.

Now I pulled out the coilovers on the front, decided I was going to run poly top mounts to see what they were like... I knew the front suspension was bad, but not THAT bad. I'll include a video in another post; but basically you could lift the shock up; let go and it would drop all the way to the bottom and splatter oil out. Tipping it upside down allowed all the oil to pour out. It's gets worse too... on both sides the adjusters were snapped or cracked... Deathtrap waiting to happen. I guess that explains the rock hard suspension with no travel that grips the road poorly. Might be good to mentioned that these coilovers were fitted around 100k... Car is currently on 230K!!

Anyway, had a set of JOMs inside I got from @Golf-mk4 last year, never fitted them to my old 2.SLOW. Cleaned them up, installed poly top mounts and reused the old top mount bearings. I'll change these out at some point (this weekend), but I didn't have them on-hand at the time.

OQM9Mli.jpg

Clean enough I guess! Reassembled everything, cleaned up stuff; installed wishbone and did an oil change for good measure.

MW4g9RO.jpg

That's it for today. This weekend I've got a pair of LCR hubs which need to have new hub faces and bearings pressed in, before this happens I'll be cleaning it all up and painting it... Still haven't picked a colour yet but I guess that can wait.

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

#49 rainbird

rainbird

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Plymouth, UK
  • Other Models

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:16 PM

Good stuff man. I'm considering dropping in some of the PSB offerings for the same rear wishbone bush as pictured, after being very disappointed with me Powerflex Black Series units. Keen to see how you get on with them - a friend has been running them for 18 months and has only positive things to say. It's between those and some caster correction bushes at present.

#50 Adam_Jonezy

Adam_Jonezy

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1705 posts
  • Preston, Lancs

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:32 PM

Nice work mate 馃憤

I can vouch for PSB bushes. They're brilliant. Had them on my old Fabia for 2 years and had them on my Golf for nearly 3 years, still performing as they where from day 1.

#51 Glendil

Glendil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1602 posts
  • Croydon

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

I had no luck with the psb split one to bits in 6 months so whacked the tt bushes in

#52 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:04 PM

I had no luck with the psb split one to bits in 6 months so whacked the tt bushes in

Touch wood so far it's right as rain. Handles excellently.

Shame my water pump has died 馃ぃ

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

#53 Glendil

Glendil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1602 posts
  • Croydon

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:14 PM

Touch wood so far it's right as rain. Handles excellently.

Shame my water pump has died 馃ぃ

Oh man lucky u get it all cheap 鈽猴笍 Take it cambelt on the list

Edited by Glendil, 11 May 2018 - 08:14 PM.

#54 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:13 PM

Oh man lucky u get it all cheap 鈽猴笍 Take it cambelt on the list

Yeah, will sort it all this weekend.

New thermostat too since the old ones ded... may as well flush out the radiator and heater core too :) 

Rocker cover is off at the moment for paint... Gives me a cance to inspect the cams and figure out whether I should bother installing the kit I've got right now or wait and do it later 

• Glendil likes this

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

#55 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:54 PM

This weekend was kind of busy... Aside from it lashing it down with a torrential downpour all of Saturday, Sunday morning and early afternoon I got to work.

Saturday I decided that I may as well paint my rocker cover... Cue the red VHT paint :)
0HdgYG7.jpg
KqIgYqD.jpg

It came out mostly okay, might get another one and paint it slightly differently I think; maybe different paint. Total noob but I guess I'll learn the art of rattle can!

Main job of the weekend was timing belt and water pump, thermostat and some other bits and bobs.

0jLGpSo.jpg

Ended up swapping the engine mount with a spare, swapping the crank pulley as it was pretty dire and the bolts were absolutely ruined... pretty much allen bolts even though they were mate multi-spline....

I'll be finishing off the VAC system couple of eves this week; seeing as I don't have an ASV or EGR anymore; I can do away with those two parts of the system and simplify the system... less joints means less to go wrong... right?

GeUs8MH.jpg

Anyway, good fun. New coolant temp sensor this week too; rip out some hoses. I've got a set of LCR hubs and new faces to install into them this week too; see how that goes :)

That's all for now folks.

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

#56 rainbird

rainbird

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Plymouth, UK
  • Other Models

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:11 PM

Nice one dude. If you're looking for different paint, consider the wrinkle stuff. Not to everyone's tastes and overdone as hell, but for a reason as it tends to look decent. Even nicer if there's cast writing/detail that can be taken back to bare metal.

With regards to the LCR hubs - are you running them with the LCR wishbones too? Makes for a decent package and a noticeable upgrade in handling over the stock mk4 setup too (Y)

#57 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:38 AM

Nice one dude. If you're looking for different paint, consider the wrinkle stuff. Not to everyone's tastes and overdone as hell, but for a reason as it tends to look decent. Even nicer if there's cast writing/detail that can be taken back to bare metal.

With regards to the LCR hubs - are you running them with the LCR wishbones too? Makes for a decent package and a noticeable upgrade in handling over the stock mk4 setup too (Y)

Not yet, but helping a buddy break his LCR so I'll be swapping to them soonish. Will want to do the suspension again too when I fit them cus ARB...

• rainbird likes this

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

#58 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:24 PM

Picking up a front mount intercooler setup this week... All pipes will be going wrinkly black...  :rolleyes:

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

#59 TomasLT

TomasLT

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4645 posts
  • northern europe

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

Pic with wheels

#60 jwrb

jwrb

Dexter

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Kent

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

Pic with wheels

Already did one :D

sUmQTsM.jpg?1

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.