superchickenn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 664 posts
  • wales uk
  • MKI Models

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:04 AM

I do like the seat.. i always like that model don't like the model after it (actually the new seat leon is quite a nice car) but that one just does it as it just has the right shape to it my neighbour had one a normal 1.8t but had the full cupra r kit on it... sadly he moved away and sold the car without letting me know, when i found out he was selling it it was already sold... still looking at a them but only the cupra r models and for some weird reason they hold their price...

I had a full cupra r a few years ago in black but sold it.. regret it to this day..

However I paid 150 for this one and as it is it's running quicker than my cupra r..

Just picked up a TT rack and lower arms etc so will be close enough to it at some point

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

My Fleet - 2003 GT TDI PD130 - 2003 GTI TDI PD150 - 2003 1.8T GTI AUQ - 2005 1.8T Leon Cupra AUQ - 2003 A4 Quattro PD130 - 2001 Audi A3 1.8t AUM  - 2001 Toyota Celica VVTLI **Insta @Craigyinni **

#62 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9925 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:06 AM

I had a full cupra r a few years ago in black but sold it.. regret it to this day..

However I paid 150 for this one and as it is it's running quicker than my cupra r..

Just picked up a TT rack and lower arms etc so will be close enough to it at some point

150? Dude I need to start looking better! That is it the hunt for a cupra or cupra r is on!
  • superchickenn likes this

#63 superchickenn

superchickenn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 664 posts
  • wales uk
  • MKI Models

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:10 AM

Haha yep.. it was a bit rough but my plans were always to strip it harnesses bucket seats etc as it's only used a few a times a year for trips to Switzerland and the nurburgring etc..

And as it's not a cupra r I didn't mind a bit of hackery with the front mount removing all the air bags, thinning the loom etc..

• northpole likes this

My Fleet - 2003 GT TDI PD130 - 2003 GTI TDI PD150 - 2003 1.8T GTI AUQ - 2005 1.8T Leon Cupra AUQ - 2003 A4 Quattro PD130 - 2001 Audi A3 1.8t AUM  - 2001 Toyota Celica VVTLI **Insta @Craigyinni **

#64 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9925 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:58 AM

Oww that is a plus if that is what you got it for... I actually am kinda sick of the vectra although it is a nice motorway cruiser it's not really a car that does anything for me.

The cupra or cupra r will do just fine... and mine will just get the full cupra r setup regardless of it being a factory one or needs to.be modified to that level

#65 superchickenn

superchickenn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 664 posts
  • wales uk
  • MKI Models

Posted 18 October 2020 - 07:27 PM

If you did the cupra option and searched for parts you'd get there alot cheaper if you were savvy with parts hunting.. however resale value would be alot lower

I have plenty of parts of you ever need any shout

• northpole likes this

#66 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9925 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 18 October 2020 - 07:40 PM

Will keep it in mind... but the first hunt turned nothing up just yet... will keep looking... (also doesn't help living in East Anglia, cars here are more expensive and people keep them running for longer) 

• superchickenn likes this

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.