3 replies to this topic

#1 wu11ie

wu11ie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:35 PM

I hope somebody can help me with this,

My wipers are squeaking and it's driving me nuts, I've replaced them with brand new ones from VW, I've cleaned them, cleaned the windscreen - even gave it a coat of T-Cut as a mild abrasive to try and remove anything that could be causing it but still no joy.

I've cleaned and greased the linkages so it's definitely not them, does anybody have any tricks up their sleeve for this?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

#2 Gti Fly

Gti Fly

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10452 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:08 PM

You've done all the obvious. The only other things I would suggest are :

Try using different product to clean the glass - barkeepers friend (a powder based cleaner from most super markets I've used with ok success in past )

Some people suggest using wire wool as it will cut thru the crap but not scratch the glass. I've not tried it myself

Lastly try replacing the wiper arms, try a scrap yard breaker online for parts , sometimes it's the actual spring or angle of the arm which is causing the problem, and not the glass or the wiper rubber, seeing as you've tried the obvious .

<a href="https://uk-mkivs.net/...d-0-60-569secs/">Click for pics of my car</a>
Shoulda got a 150 tdi - everyone knows they are best..

#3 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9433 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:12 PM

I can tell you the wire wool method works. But use a good old glass cleaner while you do it. That is if it is caused by dirt stuck to the screen.

#4 wu11ie

wu11ie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:53 PM

You've done all the obvious. The only other things I would suggest are :

Try using different product to clean the glass - barkeepers friend (a powder based cleaner from most super markets I've used with ok success in past )

Some people suggest using wire wool as it will cut thru the crap but not scratch the glass. I've not tried it myself

Lastly try replacing the wiper arms, try a scrap yard breaker online for parts , sometimes it's the actual spring or angle of the arm which is causing the problem, and not the glass or the wiper rubber, seeing as you've tried the obvious .

I can tell you the wire wool method works. But use a good old glass cleaner while you do it. That is if it is caused by dirt stuck to the screen.

I'll give it a try, thanks for the replies

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.