#1 Stylee

Stylee

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Golf IV GTI 1.9 ARL 150PS

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

Hi guys, haven't posted in while but hope you are all well :)

So, about to part with my Scirocco and get myself a nice new Golf R, had it specced up and ready to go and was pretty happy... that is until I was notified that the Golf R (current model) has been discontinued and orders were no longer being taken :( :( :(

I thought the next R was going to be launched in 2020 so would seem a little odd to EOL the 7.5 unless its due to the legislation change that saw the new Megane RS taken off orders for a few months?

Had a little dig around and found nothing, going to give the stealers a bell later but was wondering if any of you guys had heard anything about it?

Chaaaars

Rob

#2 yurtesen

yurtesen

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1147 posts
  • Finland
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:11 AM

Did you try to order it with manual or automatic gear? I read there is no more manual gear in UK for Golf R. Could that be the culprit in your order?

#3 Stylee

Stylee

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

Did you try to order it with manual or automatic gear? I read there is no more manual gear in UK for Golf R. Could that be the culprit in your order?

Was ordering DSG, even a quote for DSG I had on carwow has had this message tagged on it, also the option to configure a new Golf R has gone from the model list :-/

Please note

This model is now discontinued by the manufacturer and factory orders are now closed. You can obtain similar vehicles from existing dealer stock here or by configuring a new car.

#4 Stylee

Stylee

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

Go to configure a new car and every golf with the exception of the R is listed :(

#5 yurtesen

yurtesen

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1147 posts
  • Finland
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:04 PM

Yes, seem to have effected UK site. Perhaps it had too much emissions? Seems to still exist in FI site (perhaps until stocks end)

https://www.volkswag...30315?page=trim

If you look at VW pricelists, many models are not available for ordering from factory...

https://www.volkswag...a-pricelist.pdf

It could be the result of WLTP (Worldwide Harmonised Light-Duty Vehicles Test Procedure) type approval problems. I am guessing it may probably come back with a smaller engine.

#6 Stylee

Stylee

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for the info :)

Yeah looks to be WLTP, and the R (until the mkVIII) will go back out with 296bhp as opposed to the 310bhp someone has said. If I can hold out for the mkVIII I will get a run around.... That or look at the A35 :D

Hopefully though they will start taking orders again sooner rather than later :)

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.