Dullah7861

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Burton on Trent
  • Golf V GT TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:00 AM

Hey guys,

Recently purchased a 2013 VW Golf MK7 GTD. 

I noticed something weird this morning, seeing as it was quite chilly 1.5 degrees, i decided to put the heaters on max/high. 

After around 10 odd minutes i noticed the car wasn't that warm, so i started checking the air vents. 

So what i found was that, the passenger side vent is working fine, as well as the left vent in the central console. Everything on the left side seems to be working fine. 

The right vent in the central console and the vent on the driver side are throwing out cold air and air was coming out slowly even at max speed. 

Can someone shed some light what the problem may be? 

Unfortunately, i don't have a diagnostic tool to check for codes, but i watched a few videos online and people suggest with an issue like this sometimes no errors are thrown. 

Thanks,

Abdullah 

#2 jamiewardell

jamiewardell

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • dundee scotland
  • Golf IV TDI 1.9 AHF 110PS

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:02 AM

The heater matrix is blocked check the various posts on the matter £900 fix from Vw or half that from an independent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10758 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:08 AM

The above reply is incorrect IMO.

You wouldn't have hot air at all if the matrix was blocked.  Likely a jammed motor.  Dual climate?  Get diagnostics.

• yurtesen likes this
facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#4 jamiewardell

jamiewardell

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • dundee scotland

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:20 AM

It’s not wrong but crack on with the motor if that’s what you think it is you’ll have another 50 people on here soon telling you it’s the matrix being blocked with a leaking silica bag in the header tank

#5 Dullah7861

Dullah7861

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Burton on Trent

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:29 AM

Thanks guys.

Quick question, seeing as i have only had the vehicle for a month and having purchased it from a private dealer, should i legally have like 3 months warranty or do you have to purchase extended warranty?

Thanks

#6 gerrywac

gerrywac

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4509 posts
  • West Yorks
  • Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:41 AM

I'm with adam- on his comments about the problem and it not being the cabin heater matrix at fault.

In these cars the heater matrix receives a full flow of shared engine coolant at all times and there are no valves etc to restrict flow to control temperature so it will be hot even in the height of summer.

As one side is providing hot air as normal the matrix is obviously working fine.

Cabin heating is achieved by allowing air to flow over the matrix into the cabin either by ramair due to the vehicles movement and or the blower fan. The source of the air will be a mixture of recycled cabin air and outside air. Temperature control and distribution is achieved through a number of air control flaps some of which will be electronically controlled and motorised and others by a knob and cable depending on which system is fitted.

It sounds like you have the more sophisticated and controllable (and complex) Climatronic system and it has a failure with electronics or motorised valves. As adamsays it would be best if you get an electronic diagnostic done to btain any fault codes to pinpoint where the fault lies. Shop around for this as prices quoted may vary considerably. Most main dealers will have a fixed price which is normally somewhere near £100. Independents are normally cheaper, my local is only £20 for a full scan

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
  • yurtesen likes this

#7 gerrywac

gerrywac

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4509 posts
  • West Yorks

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:56 AM

Thanks guys.

Quick question, seeing as i have only had the vehicle for a month and having purchased it from a private dealer, should i legally have like 3 months warranty or do you have to purchase extended warranty?

Thanks

With a dealer sale it is far more likely that you will have some sort of comeback especially with the short time after purchase where the sales of goods laws may apply but you should check with any paperwork from the sale. I would approach the dealer ASAP in the first instance (be polite and don't go in all guns blazing I the first instance) and see what they have to say. If your unhappy with the response I would advise the dealer in writing to record the issue and consult trading standards.

The newer the car the more likely you are to have some statutory cover and not need any extended warranty cover

#8 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10758 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:05 PM

The dealers did have issues with silica bags being left in the header tank.  However, I can't see how the whole bag would be consumed - all water is directed straight to the pump on these after the header tank and the pump would chew the bag and distribute the balls through the system.  Certainly not enough to block a 25mm hose.

The fact you have warm air on one vent and none on another does not point to a blocked a matrix.

facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#9 jamiewardell

jamiewardell

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • dundee scotland

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:19 PM

https://www.facebook...king={"tn":"O"}

#10 Dullah7861

Dullah7861

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Burton on Trent

Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:23 PM

Spoke to the dealer who i purchased the car from, good news, apparently i have 6 months RAC platinum cover so i am covered. 

RAC explained the process to me, however they mentioned i would have to pay for a garage to run a diagnostic and then the garage can charge RAC for the repairs. 

#11 TomasLT

TomasLT

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4645 posts
  • northern europe
  • Golf IV Estate S TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:42 PM

Tl:dr new cars have stupid flaps and motors, one is faulty. Usually throws a code. Had one of those die several times on me

#12 gerrywac

gerrywac

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4509 posts
  • West Yorks

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:30 PM

Tl:dr new cars have stupid flaps and motors, one is faulty. Usually throws a code. Had one of those die several times on me

I've had cars with the fancy electronic climate control and even a loaded Mondeo with full voice control and never really rated them.m as they were far too fiddly. Much prefer the simple manual aircon with knobs on like the Climatic on my 07 Mk5 1.9tdi

• TomasLT likes this

#13 JEG2502

JEG2502

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:03 AM

Hi Dullah7861

I was wondering did you get your hearing repaired? What was the issue?

I have same problem you describe?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

• yurtesen likes this

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.