6 replies to this topic

#1 marshole82

marshole82

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 04:30 PM

Hey guys, have got hold of a 90mm badge but I think it's a Passat one or something as it's very obviously curved.

Trying to fit it ala the Sharan badge mod but the curve ruins the fitment.

Anyone know how to sort it? Flatten it? Or just give up and spend the £40 on a Sharan one?

Ta

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

#2 marshole82

marshole82

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:28 AM

No one want to hazard a guess? Or what temp I need it in the oven at?

#3 Aidymk4v520v

Aidymk4v520v

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Nottingham
  • Golf IV V5 2.3 20v 170PS

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:42 AM

I recently had the same problem and just attacked the rear with my dremel to make it as flat as possible then used quick setting araldite to hold it on. 7d93d412072045d5f1b7d2e49cb036f3.jpg

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

#4 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10077 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:43 AM

just go to a bodyshop and have the damn thing filled already... a smooth tailgate looks a million times better than those other badges... hell even without the badge and the indentation it looks better than with the vw logo... but that is just my opinion. 

#5 marshole82

marshole82

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 08:52 PM

Opinions always welcome! I was hoping for a cheap spruce up, hence the wrong badge..d'oh.....I can't justify paint and body work on this old hack ...

Obviously a £40 badge is a stretch too!

#6 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10077 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:45 AM

What? everyone can use some poly filler and a few rattle cans to make it look half decent... to make it look perfect just remember to flat it back with a good old 1000 /1200 and 2000 grid than polish the panel and it'll look more than decent total cost would be almost the same as the price of the 40 pound badge and the araldite... 

and to be honest i would either leave the oem badge on or do a de-badge but on my old mk4 i decided to leave them on... it's not to bad of a logo, it can be cleaned easily without it holding to much dirt (compared to let's say the skoda logo)  

#7 marshole82

marshole82

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:15 AM

I've sprayed with can before but I'm not confident in the finish I'd get. I see what you mean though, I guess I could give it a go. Pop to Halfords and get the right paint code....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MKIV-(MK4)

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.