usi227

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • London
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:38 PM

Hi lads,

In the process of giving a new lease of life into my mk4 GT PD130 that I've owned since new. Really have a soft spot for this car as its done me so well- just ticked over 130,000 miles and still pulls and drives well. Currently running the standard 15" Avus 2 alloys but I'm looking for a larger, more contemporary set. BBS CH have caught my eye. Not interested in lowering it though as I have recently installed Bilstein B4s + OEM springs as the shocks were well worn. 

What's the consensus of the CHs on stock springs? Anyone tried them? Seen mk4s with CHs but all are lowered.

Failing that Long beaches? 

Cheers everyone.

#2 ttg4l

ttg4l

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:34 AM

If you're not lowering, then the Santa Monicas could look alright.

• usi227 likes this

#3 usi227

usi227

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • London
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:35 PM

If you're not lowering, then the Santa Monicas could look alright.

Thanks for the reply mate, not too sure on the Santa Monica’s honestly, think they look a tad dated now.
Reckon the CHs would require lowering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ttg4l

ttg4l

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:04 PM

It's entirely personal preference but if it were my car I'd drop it even just 35mm if I had CHs. But factor in what you use the car for and what your roads are like in terms of potholes and speed-bumps. 

Here's a couple MK4s with CHs that don't look like they've been lowered: 

• usi227 likes this

#5 usi227

usi227

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • London
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:18 PM

It's entirely personal preference but if it were my car I'd drop it even just 35mm if I had CHs. But factor in what you use the car for and what your roads are like in terms of potholes and speed-bumps.

Here's a couple MK4s with CHs that don't look like they've been lowered:

Very helpful. Thanks for that mate. That fitment looks good enough for me. I’ll do some more research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.