Painting 3-spoke leather steering wheel Mk4 - Detailing and Car Care Discussion - uk-mkivs

Photo

Painting 3-spoke leather steering wheel Mk4

MKIV-(MK4)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mur3633

mur3633

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Podgorica, Montenegro
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 AJM 115PS

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:50 AM

Anyone done it before?
I have 3 spoke steering wheel with blue stitch from factory(Sport Edition Golf), which is very ugly because color from leather has faded. So now I'm thinking how to restore it.

The new one is 370€ on ebay, which is too expensive and used in good condition is very hard to find because of blue stitch.

If anyone done it before, please give me some tips. Thank you!

#2 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9596 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:58 AM

get a reskin kit of aliexpress... they come with blue/red/black/yellow or green stitching.... alternative... get it from Bmac (he's uk based and buys them in bulk than sells them at a profit but you'll get it much faster) 

If you had a complete black steering wheel than yes you can repaint it... satin black is the right colour.. but with yours having the blue stitching i wouldn't recommend repainting it as you will get paint on the stitching. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MKIV-(MK4)

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.