• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jollybob

jollybob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 09:03 AM

Hope someone can help me any help would be appreciated I have a VW GOLF MK7 GTD and would like to fit Virtual Cockpit but have been told that the mileage on a used virtual cockpit cannot be changed to the mileage on my car, but have been told the mileage can be changed if it is under a certain amount miles can anyone tell me if this is true or would I have to buy a new one to keep my original mileage hope someone can help Thank you.

#2 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9844 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 05 April 2020 - 10:19 AM

mileage can be corrected period... you just need to either use a service (might be the cheapest way of doing it) or buy one of the really expensive tools to do so... ( it's still cheaper than buying a new virtual cockpit though the cheapest i found that can do it is 299 pounds including vat) 

#3 jollybob

jollybob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:35 AM

Thank you for your reply to me it looks like it would be best to buy a new one.

#4 jollybob

jollybob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:36 AM

mileage can be corrected period... you just need to either use a service (might be the cheapest way of doing it) or buy one of the really expensive tools to do so... ( it's still cheaper than buying a new virtual cockpit though the cheapest i found that can do it is 299 pounds including vat) 

Thank you for your reply to me it looks like it would be best to buy a new one.

#5 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9844 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:01 AM

A new virtual cockpit costs 799 pounds... don't know mate I think it is best to go for a service that does that for you

#6 jollybob

jollybob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:17 AM

A new virtual cockpit costs 799 pounds... don't know mate I think it is best to go for a service that does that for you

Thanks I know it will cost a lot of money to buy a new one but I would like the correct mileage on my car, to get one serviced I would not have a clue how to get it serviced any help.

#7 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9844 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:09 AM

Either you go to the dealer or better yet find a mileage correction service online that is near you or mobile that comes out to you...

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.