#1 AndrewMk4GTI

AndrewMk4GTI

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Fife
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:51 PM

Hi all. Searched and searched but still cant find an answer. Got a mk4 golf again after 8year away. Problem is heated seats arent heating up Iv bought 3 sets of switch and still no luck. I have tested behind the switch on the dash getting 12v on all pins except for pin 2 which reads 0v.
Tested other side of plugs under seat and pins 1 and 2 I get 5v which Is the black/white wire.
Pins 3 and 4 I get 0v which is Black/yellow.
Positive where I am getting 0v is the output to seat heater. Does anyone have a clue where this problem may be??
I have tested backrests white plug under the cloth and I am getting 1.5ohms also.
I know this has been covered loads of times but cant find what the problem with output to seat heater would be.
Many thanks.
Andrew

#2 MNShortBus

MNShortBus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:20 PM

Its probably the thermistor in the heating pads that has a broken connection. This is what tells the switch to output voltage to regulate the temperature.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#3 AndrewMk4GTI

AndrewMk4GTI

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Fife
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 12 April 2020 - 08:34 PM

Perfect so that's why I will be getting 0v on pin 2 the output sensor. Wanted to make sure I had tried everything first before this so guess il be taking seats out during the week now. I will let you know if I find a break anywhere. If I do what's best way to connect again. Cheers

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.