• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jollybob

jollybob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 02:59 PM

Hi, Hope some one can help me, I have just had a virtual cockpit fitted to my (vw golf mk7 gtd 2014) it seems to be working OK but it will not load maps, on my radio satnav display maps are not highlighted but you can see them also I have fault codes that will not clear, hope someone can help me clear these fault codes.

Monday,27,April,2020,14:40:56:42813
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x86
VCDS Version: 20.4.0.1
Data version: 20200331 DS317.0
www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: WVWZZZAUZEW371475   License Plate: ELECTRIC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 5F: Information Electr.       Labels: 5G0-035-MIB-STD2.clb
Control Module Part Number: 3Q0 035 874 B    HW: 3Q0 035 874 B
  Component and/or Version: MU-S-ND-ER    840 0751
           Software Coding: 02731001FF00000051110101008808001F0202D601200100CF
            Work Shop Code: WSC 00046 123 12345
              ASAM Dataset: EV_MUStd4CDELP 001001 (VW37)
                       ROD: EV_MUStd4CDELP_VW37.rod
                      VCID: 316F73C2608E670EBD-8064
1 Fault Found:

7207 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s) 
          U1111 00 [009] - -
          [New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 6
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 225
                    Mileage: 89258 km
                    Date: 2011.01.02
                    Time: 14:33:16

Voltage terminal 30: 12.2 V
                    BAP-BAP_Function_ID: 02

Monday,27,April,2020,14:42:52:42813
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x86
VCDS Version: 20.4.0.1
Data version: 20200331 DS317.0
www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: WVWZZZAUZEW371475   License Plate: INSTUMENT

Address 17: Instruments       Labels: 5G0-920-XXX-17.clb-SRI3
Control Module Part Number: 5G1 920 791 B    HW: 5G1 920 791 B
  Component and/or Version: KOMBI         404 4191
           Software Coding: 27AD11002F8026000108FF010C00000000000000
            Work Shop Code: WSC 00046 123 12345
              ASAM Dataset: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB 009058 (VW37)
                       ROD: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB_009_VW37.rod
                      VCID: 2B5361AA42A20DDE87-807E
Fault Codes have been Erased

1 Fault Found:
16777001 - Databus 
          U1121 00 [009] - Missing Message
          [New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 6
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 225
                    Mileage: 89258 km
                    Date: 2011.01.02
                    Time: 14:42:35

Thank you for looking at my post.

#2 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9919 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:44 AM

yeah it was what i was thinking would happen, the newer models have an updated canbus system... it has more functionality and extra messages... you won't be able to use all options without changing the complete canbus system on the car... so you'll need a matching canbus gateway that has the latest canbus system on it... Actually let me rephrase that, you'll need the same version that the virtual cockpit had before you plumbed it into to your car... 

The canbus gateway is a separate module and i'm not sure if you'll need more connections on the connector you already have... (it might be the same connector filled with more pinouts, but i'm not sure) 

#3 jollybob

jollybob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:39 AM

Thank you for your reply, the virtual cockpit that I had fitted was a new one never used every thing is working apart from loading maps on virtual cluster and these 2 fault codes, I have the correct mileage ect, when this was fitted the guy told me I need new can gateway so the fuel guage would work so he fitted new gateway part Number 5Q0 907 530AJ the gateway he took out part number 5Q0 907 530Q.

I have been told that the faults are with the unit in glove box, all I would like is for it to be working as it should if any one can sort it out I can travel to them and pay them well.

#4 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9919 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 29 April 2020 - 02:30 PM

I wonder if he replaced it with the right one... as he would need the latest version the part number does suggest it but he might've overlooked something... Best option is to look in the oem parts catalogue and check for the latest version of the canbus gateway... because if that is the right one than maybe some other parts might need upgrading also... so check the electronics(switches, CCM etc) of the latest model and compare it with yours VCDS will tell you the part numbers if you select the right group... 

that way you can pinpoint if it's just the gateway that is the problem or if you need to change more just to get rid of the last  errors and displaying the maps on the virtual cockpit properly.. 

FYI i've got a vauxhall vectra C that is half canbus, every module on the car is coded into the canbus network, if i want to upgrade a factory option i need to change the part numbers and Identifier for them within the system... failing that the car will just not work right with the upgrades.. and when i say everything is coded i mean from a simple fusebox to window electronics and switches and more... yes even mirrors, and modules like ABS, powersteering etc are all coded to one another.. the full canbus cars have even more coded to one another on the canbus network..  

Not a big deal you can swap and than change the stuff in the canbus network but if you don't know about it you could think you either bought a DOA or worse you broke something..   

#5 jollybob

jollybob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:48 AM

Thank you for your reply, I have managed to get the maps to show in virtual cluster now everything is working now I have my genuine mileage showing but I still keep getting the 2 faults coming up on VCDS, a lot of people would say if it is working then it is OK, but I would like there to be no faults on VCDS when I do a scan of car I’m a bit of a perfectionist, I live in North Yorkshire but if there is anybody out there who can get rid of these fault codes I am willing to travel and pay them well also I can send full scan of car so they can see the part numbers for Canbus gateway I am not that technical .

#6 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9919 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:52 AM

Thank you for your reply, I have managed to get the maps to show in virtual cluster now everything is working now I have my genuine mileage showing but I still keep getting the 2 faults coming up on VCDS, a lot of people would say if it is working then it is OK, but I would like there to be no faults on VCDS when I do a scan of car I’m a bit of a perfectionist, I live in North Yorkshire but if there is anybody out there who can get rid of these fault codes I am willing to travel and pay them well also I can send full scan of car so they can see the part numbers for Canbus gateway I am not that technical .

they wouldn't be able too as the system is stating it's missing information messages on those  fault codes... only possible to sort that out with the latest can gateway that does have the messages or have the Canbus gateway flashed to incorporate those missing messages... all in all it means someone needs to figure out which canbus gateway has those messages, than either swap it with yours or flash the eeprom in it with the eeprom from the one that has those messages... 

long story short: the best place to sort this out would be the dealers workshop... but they'll bleed you.

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.