[Other] FIS - MFD - TMC - SatNav - Navigation Not Available - Not Showing Radio Station (graeme86) - Audio, Electrics and Lighting - uk-mkivs

Photo
Other

FIS - MFD - TMC - SatNav - Navigation Not Available - Not Showing Radio Station (graeme86)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LOGiCALX

LOGiCALX

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 02:28 PM

Hi all,

Does @graeme86 still come to the forums?

I'm from the Skoda world but as we share so many items across the VAG range I've come here for a little help. I see graeme is the person to speak to about factory and retrofitting FIS with TMC/Satnav. I have a MK1 (1U) Octavia VRS, it came from the factory with FIS + TMC + SATNAV. However, I know the radio in it now is not the original, but came from another Octavia.

The car:

SkodaAuto Entertainment Satnav MFD1

• Cluster Part No: 1U0 920 941 C (Code Set To: 31412)
  • SatNav/Radio Part No: 1U0 919 887 B (B is correct CAN version I believe, which is equivalent to the 'D' or 'G' version)
  • *TMC/TunerBox: 1J0 919 894 (Code Set To: 03407)

The Issue:

I get the message 'Navigation is not available' and the radio/track numbers do not show.

The only thing I can think of as to why it's not working is the radio? I don't have access to a VW 'D' or 'G' currently, so I'm unable to test it.

*I found this info recently -

The TMC unit gets the traffic info from Classic FM (while you listen to another radio station). There's two versions of that: 3B0 919 894 and 3B0 919 894 A. Only the TMC A will let a VW G (or I guess a Skoda nav unit use the steering wheel controls or dash display. The non-A unit does traffic only.

But my unit is - 1J0 919 894...

(From Octavia-vRS.com)

MFD Part Numbers

1U0 035 191 A - Skoda MFD Version A
1U0 035 191 B - Skoda MFD Version B

Optional TMC Units -
3B0 919 894 (Traffic Only)
3B0 919 894 A (Works With Steering Wheel Controls or MFD/Maxidot Display)

I'm not sure if there is an 'A' version for Skoda, so it may look like I need 3B0 919 894 A

Any help would be highly appreciated, I'm new to all this so it's a bit of a learning curve.

Thanks all.

#2 Gti Fly

Gti Fly

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10547 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:12 PM

Graeme is still around. He helpfully answers my questions recently

<a href="https://uk-mkivs.net/...d-0-60-569secs/">Click for pics of my car</a>
Shoulda got a 150 tdi - everyone knows they are best..

#3 LOGiCALX

LOGiCALX

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:39 PM

Well I got this working by purchasing another SkodaAuto Satnav DX unit. This time I found the ‘A’ version from a Skoda Superb and it instantly worked. I changed one digit in the coding to 4 to allow all 4 passive speakers, CD, Navigation, and Radio all works and displays.

[FIXED]

• Gti Fly likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Other

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.