• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Northern Ireland / Midlands
  • Golf IV GTI 1.9 ARL 150PS

Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:18 PM

BM got written off on Sat. :(

:(

Late to the party but the Mk5 is looking good Morgen. Nice to see Adam is tempting more people to the forum!

Build Thread - Anthracite PD150 OEM+ Build - ColorMFA, BC Racing coilovers, TT bits, GTB1756
Build Thread - Mk1 Tin Top Full Resto ongoing - 2.0 16V ABF swap on ITBs

#32 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9925 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:43 AM

:(

Late to the party but the Mk5 is looking good Morgen. 

Yeah but it is time for updates she's slacking... probably playing around all day with her sorted airride or can't be arsed because it isn't sorted... @Morgen either way we need updates.. 

#33 Morgen

Morgen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf V GTI Edition 30 2.0 230PS DSG

Posted 09 June 2020 - 01:46 PM

Apologies for the lack of updates!  :(

Now that all the audio/airlift cables have been run it was time to put the interior trim back together!

Rear bench back in.

Glovebox/trim put back in

The headliner has been out since 2017 when the leak was found! That's it FINALLY back in place 

My Mum bought me a birthday present!

I bought myself a birthday present, too! Though it's a LOT bigger than it looked in photos..

All wired up ready for the speakers to go in! They didn't fit without some plastic mounts that Adam ordered up for me.

Mount things arrived & speakers fitted!

The new wood put to good use - Finished look of the boot build knocked up!

However.... I was made redundant this week so there'll be likely no updates with the car until I know what's happening financially. I'll struggle to keep my Mini on the road at this rate never mind mess about with the Golf, so for now it can sit pretty. At least it's used to sitting for long lengths of time  :(

#34 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9925 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:08 PM

Well that's shoot but at least it seems the car is sorted for now... that is if the airbag problem got sorted out... if not you'll soon have it up again (probably free of charge) to sort that problem @Adam-  pointed out... other than that, you might want to decide to get something to cover the false floor in the mean time.. and i urge you to keep the oem boot liner the way it is... although it can be cut to fit i wouldn't do that myself ... (thinking about you selling the car) 

#35 Morgen

Morgen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf V GTI Edition 30 2.0 230PS DSG

Posted 09 June 2020 - 03:52 PM

Well that's shoot but at least it seems the car is sorted for now... that is if the airbag problem got sorted out... if not you'll soon have it up again (probably free of charge) to sort that problem @Adam-  pointed out... other than that, you might want to decide to get something to cover the false floor in the mean time.. and i urge you to keep the oem boot liner the way it is... although it can be cut to fit i wouldn't do that myself ... (thinking about you selling the car) 

I won't be selling this to be fair - I've had it six years and have spent over 5k on it in the past 15 months so wouldn't be worth it no matter what it sold for!

The issue with the air is sorted - the fitting on the OSF is faulty so I'm in contact with the retailer to have new fittings sent out thankfully!

• northpole likes this

#36 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9925 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:18 PM

So you will soon have something to do lol

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.