Evil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1450 posts
  • Mid-Suffolk
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 21 May 2020 - 02:24 PM

after the arduous cleaning of the Golf and Passat inlets..
But no..
There's an issue with the Frontera so here we go again (for the flipping last time I hope!!)
Inlet elbow and EGR (already off), swirl flaps (WTF!) and inlet..
Cleaning spray arrives tomorrow so tomorrow it'll get put back together.

Next year I'm buying something lower maintenance (and better performance /comfort).. 8d224f6a4b7b4575ef667ba7cbf9f3e0.jpg31636278fe55751de5bc68c5e961dc72.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by Evil, 21 May 2020 - 02:25 PM.

#2 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9257 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:00 PM

Y20DT engine huh? yes that is a bugger to clean.. you should've gone for seafoam just be glad you got the older version at least you can block the egr without having to buy an egr cheater to fool the ECU... also you can easily remap it to go from 99 to 139 bhp... 

#3 Evil

Evil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1450 posts
  • Mid-Suffolk

Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

Y20DT engine huh? yes that is a bugger to clean.. you should've gone for seafoam just be glad you got the older version at least you can block the egr without having to buy an egr cheater to fool the ECU... also you can easily remap it to go from 99 to 139 bhp...

Y22DTH..
EGR was brand new maybe 6 months ago.
Not sure about the remap option, was chatting to a bloke up Norwich way and he was uncertain..
I think it's about 120bhp in the frontera (but 140-ish in the Omega, dunno where they get ~20 brake from but it'd be groovy to have)

She's not long had 5 new tyres fitted otherwise she'd likely have scrapped it..

#4 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9257 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:15 PM

Y22dth? They manage 160 in the vectra's same bloody engine but edc15 ecu meaning you can mpps it... get teapot of vectra-c.com to remote map it for you... will need mpps v18 though... think that is the cheapest way to get a proper remap for your engine...

And yes they are dirty engines both y20dth and y22dth suffer from it... and you'll need an egr cheater if you want to get rid of the egr valve...

#5 Evil

Evil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1450 posts
  • Mid-Suffolk

Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:27 PM

Y22dth? They manage 160 in the vectra's same bloody engine but edc15 ecu meaning you can mpps it... get teapot of vectra-c.com to remote map it for you... will need mpps v18 though... think that is the cheapest way to get a proper remap for your engine...

And yes they are dirty engines both y20dth and y22dth suffer from it... and you'll need an egr cheater if you want to get rid of the egr valve...

It was teapot I was emailing. He can't do it.
It's got the psg16 ecu.

Current top option is a Steinbaur tuning box that'd perk it up to Omega power.

But we need to make sure its issues are fixed by cleaning first.

Vectra C is the Y22DTR.. the B had the DTH (not a clue of any difference, they both make the same stock power so I'd guess it's minimal)

#6 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9257 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:44 PM

Yeah no vectra c is DTH mate my engine is the smaller y20dth... DTR is the older version found in the vectra B... has the small vacuum operated EGR as opposed to that big old electric egr cylinder thing we got on the engine... ps don't forget to clean the VNT mate as you got the variable turbo...

#7 Evil

Evil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1450 posts
  • Mid-Suffolk

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:06 PM

Yeah no vectra c is DTH mate my engine is the smaller y20dth... DTR is the older version found in the vectra B... has the small vacuum operated EGR as opposed to that big old electric egr cylinder thing we got on the engine... ps don't forget to clean the VNT mate as you got the variable turbo...

The B has the DTH..
I ain't cleaning a turbo. Still not done the one in the golf, they confuse the living crap out of me.

#8 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9257 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:22 PM

Latest version of that engine is dth not DTR... 2.2 16v dti diesel engine right? DTH... as I said my vectra C has a 2.0 16v dti diesel engine code = y20dth... differences between yours and mine are.. bottom block and you got a variable turbo... and your diesel pump is setup for that but basically we got the same engine... I'm even sure you got the f23 gearbox also with the same ratios

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.