• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 alexlogie2002

alexlogie2002

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:17 AM

So I'm after a mk4 pd115 (because I cant insure a 130) but round my way it seems pd100s are more common so it looks like itll end up being one of them I get.
My plans were to put in the turbo and injectors from an asz pd130 into the pd100 and get a remap, from what I've heard I'd be looking at around 165-170hp.
I was just wondering if the standard pd100 clutch would be able to take that and if there are other supporting mods I'd need to do?
Any help/advice appreciated, cheers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#2 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9944 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:25 AM

Yeah you also need the intake, egr(or go egr delete pipe) boostpipes and the bigger smic or go front mount intercooler... the standard clutch will be fine if it is in good condition.

#3 alexlogie2002

alexlogie2002

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:31 AM

Yeah you also need the intake, egr(or go egr delete pipe) boostpipes and the bigger smic or go front mount intercooler... the standard clutch will be fine if it is in good condition.

Cheers mate, yeah I was just going to egr delete, decat ect. What would you recommend fmic wise?

#4 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9944 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:36 AM

Well that depends... I would go for the wellycooler as it is the cheapest setup you can get but it doesn't fit nicely behind the bumper.. it does if you have an r32 bumper... and even that will need trimming back on the inside to make that fit... but you can get double the size ot the pd130 smic that fits neatly behind the bottom bumper grill for about the same price... parts are best sourced on eBay and if you go for a fmic... you can use standard silicone boostpipes and u universal pipe kit to make the lot fit.

#5 alexlogie2002

alexlogie2002

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:40 AM

Well that depends... I would go for the wellycooler as it is the cheapest setup you can get but it doesn't fit nicely behind the bumper.. it does if you have an r32 bumper... and even that will need trimming back on the inside to make that fit... but you can get double the size ot the pd130 smic that fits neatly behind the bottom bumper grill for about the same price... parts are best sourced on eBay and if you go for a fmic... you can use standard silicone boostpipes and u universal pipe kit to make the lot fit.

Thanks pal, just need to find a car now as theres fk all about at the minute

• northpole likes this

#6 northpole

northpole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9944 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:25 PM

yeah keep looking one will pop up that meets all your criteria... just make sure it's not a shed or a rusty pile of crap... pull back the carpet on both the drivers side and the passengers side if you see a dent on the outer floor where the jacking points are, this is one of the biggest problems on the mk4 golf... especially if you buy one in a coastal area... 

#7 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10789 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 25 May 2020 - 07:23 AM

So just to be clear, you can't afford the insurance on a PD130 so plan on buying a PD100 and making it into a PD130 and a remap on top?  That's a whole load of uninsured.

facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#8 [email protected] FLUX

[email protected] FLUX

Advertisers

• Advertisers
  • 408 posts
  • MKI Models

Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:16 PM

Hi.

If you need any help with insurance at all for modifications then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.