[Mk4 Golf] Replacing immo 3 with used immo 3 cluster. - Audio, Electrics and Lighting - uk-mkivs

Photo
Mk4 Golf

Replacing immo 3 with used immo 3 cluster.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rob136

Rob136

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts
  • Golf IV TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:26 PM

Hi, the Speedo has packed up on my vr6 so the Speedo needle is stuck at differant speeds (even when switched off). I've got the part no and the skc code and the original cluster is a Bosch unit.

I've found plenty of second hand ones on eBay and most seem to be VDO. This is good as it means I can easily add miles to empty however I'm not sure where I stand with copying the current Bosch settings onto the VDO. Also I presume a second hand unit won't have the skc. If I install it can I retrieve the skc from the new cluster if it is not yet coded to the car?

#2 mur3633

mur3633

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Podgorica, Montenegro
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 AJM 115PS

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:11 PM

You'll need Vag Commander.

#3 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10584 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 29 May 2020 - 06:14 AM

Can read the Bosch SKC with KCommander, then read the new cluster SKC with EEPROM Programmer and can use DashDump to join or you'd be faster using VCDS to adapt properly.

facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mk4 Golf

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.