Ian_TDI

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:13 PM

After fixing my dead reverse camera by repairing a snagged wire last year, I got a nasty scare this evening when the display showed the blue screen and no image again.

Luckily I remembered I hadn't shut the boot properly, and thank goodness that was the cause of no camera image.

So: If yo get the blue screen and no camera image - check the boot hatch is closed properly.

Just thought I'd add this information here in case anybody needs it!

#2 JMoore

JMoore

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • London
  • Golf V S 1.6 FSI 115PS

Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:23 PM

After fixing my dead reverse camera by repairing a snagged wire last year, I got a nasty scare this evening when the display showed the blue screen and no image again.

Luckily I remembered I hadn't shut the boot properly, and thank goodness that was the cause of no camera image.

So: If yo get the blue screen and no camera image - check the boot hatch is closed properly.

Just thought I'd add this information here in case anybody needs it!

A stock reverse camera or is this aftermarket? I've never actually come across a MK6 with a stock reverse camera 

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.