SMF Clutch conversion - Mk5 GT TDI advice/experience required! - Clutch and Gearbox - uk-mkivs

Photo

SMF Clutch conversion - Mk5 GT TDI advice/experience required!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gbhurry

gbhurry

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Swindon - UK
  • Golf V GT Sport TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:20 AM

Hi all,

After having my golf for around a year, the standard DMF setup has finally screamed enough with the increase in power .. 

Looking to replace - previous owner put my onto CGMotorsport, specifically this

https://clutch-speci...ywheel-666-0838

Has anyone had experience of this? Appreciate i will also need a concentric slave cylinder (haven't figured out where from yet) 

TIA!  

#2 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10584 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:25 AM

CG motorsport are fantastic.  Service is unreal, quality is next level.  Will be using them again.  Phone them for a chat and they'll talk you through the best one for you, although the 666 is a belter.

facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#3 gbhurry

gbhurry

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Swindon - UK
  • Golf V GT Sport TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:30 AM

CG motorsport are fantastic.  Service is unreal, quality is next level.  Will be using them again.  Phone them for a chat and they'll talk you through the best one for you, although the 666 is a belter.

Absolutely what I wanted to hear! Thank you sir 

#4 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10584 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:34 AM

I phoned them on Wednesday a few years ago needing a clutch ASAP.  Built one to suit and had it shipped next day for it arriving Thursday.  Fitted Thursday afternoon and drove it to Northampton for Edition38 on the Friday.  Service was spectacular and I was kept in the loop the whole time.

facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.