[Mk4 Golf] Towbar electrics 2002 1.9tdi - Audio, Electrics and Lighting - uk-mkivs

Photo
Mk4 Golf

Towbar electrics 2002 1.9tdi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BaggyFX

BaggyFX

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Antrim
  • Golf IV SDI 1.9 AQM 68PS

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:04 PM

Hi Folks,

I've just bought a towbar and need advice on wiring it.
What type of loom is required or can I splice straight into the existing wires?

Any help will be gratefully received.
Thanks

#2 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9433 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:39 AM

you can splice into the existing wires (aftermarket ones are done like that) but if you ask me i would try and find the oem wiring and use that, it means the lot will be running secure and won't cause a problem with normal rear lights...  that said look here buy the universal wiring and just follow the instructions that come with it... i would go for the 13 pin version that comes with it's own controlbox meaning it'll be a safer installation than just splicing into the existing wiring loom 

#3 BaggyFX

BaggyFX

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Antrim
  • Golf IV SDI 1.9 AQM 68PS

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:49 PM

you can splice into the existing wires (aftermarket ones are done like that) but if you ask me i would try and find the oem wiring and use that, it means the lot will be running secure and won't cause a problem with normal rear lights...  that said look here buy the universal wiring and just follow the instructions that come with it... i would go for the 13 pin version that comes with it's own controlbox meaning it'll be a safer installation than just splicing into the existing wiring loom

cheers, i'll get a look

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mk4 Golf

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.