[Mk4 Golf] Depo anel eyes led upgrade - Audio, Electrics and Lighting - uk-mkivs

Photo
Mk4 Golf

Depo anel eyes led upgrade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bannon

Bannon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • N. Ireland
  • Golf IV TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 06 July 2020 - 04:32 PM

Hey guys, so I bought a set of depo angel eyes and though that I could give them a little upgrade to not only make them better but also somewhat unique as no one in my area has anything like these. I have managed to separate the glass just fine without breaking anything and have removed the old angel eyes. I measured them and got the closest size led ones I could find. They have since arrived and I have now ran into a roadblock. The new led halos are thinner than the old covers so when lit in place there is a good bit of chrome on show, I was wondering if maybe any of you have come across the same issue or not also what are you guys using to hold the halos in place, hot glue maybe?

Also I've tried to include a picture of the chrome but that's showing but it says file size is too big

#2 DerPanzerWagen

DerPanzerWagen

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Wales
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v BDE 204PS

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:46 PM

You might want to, errr, edit the title of your post... 

:offtopic:

#3 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9841 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:03 PM

the time i did it i removed the original lights and put those small leds in their place... the way you are doing it might seem easier but it isn't because of the chrome on show... did you try to see if the big see through oem halo fits ontop of your new halos? if the answer is yes than do it that way if it doesn't,  maybe hot glue will do the trick but i had good results with just using the normal led bulb replacements ...  no halo replacement as the depo halo does diffuse the light nicely around... i do get your thinking that replacement led halos would look way better but they come with extra headaches if you don't get the exact same thickness and diameter of the halo.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mk4 Golf

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.