#1 Exreems899

Exreems899

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Portsmouth
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:58 AM

Anyone on here know why these alloys are so rare and where I could find a set? Seems that these are rarer than r32 alloys!

#2 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9596 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:48 AM

They were one of the later wheels for the mk4 and they were expensive so that is the reason they are hard to find in 5x100. But the same wheel has been used on the new scirocco so if you get pcd adaptors you'd be able to get them used at a lower price.
But the needed pcd adaptors will make them more expensive...

Imho if you aren't set on the long beach model there are plenty of aftermarket wheels that look way better and are cheaper with tires new, than new 17 inch oem long beach models without tires... and if you would get new you'd buy them with the right pcd...

#3 marshole82

marshole82

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 07:34 PM

Scirocco? I didn't know that! I love these wheels and have been looking for the Passat 5x112 for a while :)

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

#4 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9596 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:57 AM

well you know now the new Scirocco  has them as the standard wheels on the lower powered models... so you'd be surprised when you find them cheap enough possibly in 18 inch though but that wouldn't be a problem on the mk4 as 18 inch seems to be the perfect size for the arches with a minimal amount of lowering ;)

that said I trawled ebay yesterday and saw a few sets in almost new condition with tires at decent asking prices... but the fact that you'll need PCD adaptors will make the setup more expensive.  

• marshole82 likes this

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.