No egr cooler when performing egr blank. - Engine, Tuning and Performance - uk-mkivs

Photo

No egr cooler when performing egr blank.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 themorganator4

themorganator4

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:47 PM

Ok so I have a mk4 bora, ALH engine, i have blanked off the egr valve at the exhaust manifold but I noticed that the egr cooler has been removed?

The feed tube from the ex manifold goes straight to the egr valve, no blanking plates were already installed.

I may be being a little dumb here but shouldn't the pipe go from the ex manifold to the cooler and then to the valve?

And why would someone remove the cooler but not blank off the egr? Only answer I can think of is to burn off soot in the inlet manifold due to the hot gasses...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#2 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9596 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:56 AM

Not all cars had an egr cooler actually most that had it were the later pd130 and pd150 and to be honest it helped bringing the intake temperatures down ever so slightly... just be glad less to remove and less to start leaking or break.
  • SteveWM and themorganator4 like this

#3 themorganator4

themorganator4

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:33 PM

Not all cars had an egr cooler actually most that had it were the later pd130 and pd150 and to be honest it helped bringing the intake temperatures down ever so slightly... just be glad less to remove and less to start leaking or break.

Oh I was very glad, as you said less to remove etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.