3 replies to this topic

#1 JoeG

JoeG

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v BDE 204PS

Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:26 PM

Got a weird issue with my 2003 V6 4motion with the BDE engine. Anything under full throttle around 2k to 3k rpm in all gears except 5 and 6 produces a strange feeling hesitation in the car. At full throttle it doesn't hesitate at all, but anything less (down to about 20% throttle) will. I've got no fault codes in the engine module and run 99 tesco momentum fuel more often than not. Anyone else experienced anything like this with one of these cars?? No other noticeable issues with the car other than this.

Did a quick test to try and determine my peak power to see if I'd lost a decent amount, using a 3rd gear pull and checking peak air flow (g/s). got 160.3g/s so around the stated 204bhp (I know its not dead accurate but it's the best I can manage). 

#2 DerPanzerWagen

DerPanzerWagen

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Wales

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:02 AM

Did you manage to fix your timing chain & vvt issues?

If you did, it could be the intake manifold shift rod or solenoid or both can play up giving you hesitant low speed acceleration. These don't tend to give a fault code but will give you a near death experience pulling out of a junction on a busy day,

Edited by DerPanzerWagen, 28 July 2020 - 12:18 AM.

#3 JoeG

JoeG

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:57 AM

I did in the end, turns out id installed them with only 15 rollers between the cams instead of 16, but was an easy(ish) fix. I replaced all the vacuum hoses and the 2 solenoids whilst I had the manifold off seeing as they are a pain to get to otherwise, and pretty cheap to replace. As far as I can tell the changeover works properly, when you rev the car it moves depending on rpm, but will double check later today. Any way I can check the changeover with a vacuum pump or something??

#4 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

I'm not the 'droid you're looking for.

• Moderators
  • 50049 posts
  • Crawley,West Sussexcestershire
  • Bus Stop Backwards Roof Fire -190PS

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:14 AM

Your post has been moved.Always ask technical questions in the relevant technical section,they're easy enough to find.

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.