Silver_Bullet

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Middle Earth
  • Other Models

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:43 AM

Greetings everyone,

I'm the proud owner of a Skoda Octavia MK1 Vrs (owned for 14 years). As you all know the floorpan is based on the MK4 Golf, and has a AUQ 1.8 turbo engine.

I have done a few mods to it (ARB, poly bushed suspension, OCC,  TT top / bottom strut bars etc).

I am currently looking for a part to replace the following :- "The stainless 90 deg turbo charge pipe that dives down on the drivers side towards the front.

It connects to a rubber hose with a silicone seal via a stupid spring clip that holds the two ends together". I want to replace it with :-  06A 145 731D.

This pipe is the same except that it has a normal end (towards intercooler) that the rubber hose pushes onto then is secured with a Jubilee hose clamp.

Being a old part the pipe is as rare as hens teeth.

Thanks

#2 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9944 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 28 July 2020 - 11:02 AM

welcome... Click here popped up immediately as i typed in the part number without the spaces in between... 

• Silver_Bullet likes this

#3 Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Middle Earth
  • Other Models

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:18 PM

Thanks,

That is exactly the one i'm after, bit expensive tho' :Y:

#4 ttg4l

ttg4l

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:24 PM

https://www.ebay.co....D-/172241228898

This it?

#5 Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Middle Earth
  • Other Models

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:35 PM

Hi Ttg41,

Thanks for looking but sadly no its not. This is whats on the car at the moment.

If you look at the furthest end you can just make out that it has been opened out to a larger dia.

The mating rubber hose that goes into it at the bigger end has a metal re-inforcing ring with 2 ears that a sprung clip locates on.

This is the connection that is prone to popping off / or joint leaking. Might have to bite the bullet and bash Paypal.

#6 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9944 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:53 AM

Hi Ttg41,

Thanks for looking but sadly no its not. This is whats on the car at the moment.

If you look at the furthest end you can just make out that it has been opened out to a larger dia.

The mating rubber hose that goes into it at the bigger end has a metal re-inforcing ring with 2 ears that a sprung clip locates on.

This is the connection that is prone to popping off / or joint leaking. Might have to bite the bullet and bash Paypal.

well here is a used one  bit cheaper and in the UK so you'll have it a lot faster... that is if you haven't already bought the new one from Germany. 

#7 ttg4l

ttg4l

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:54 AM

well here is a used one  bit cheaper and in the UK so you'll have it a lot faster... that is if you haven't already bought the new one from Germany. 

That's the same one I posted above.

• northpole likes this

#8 Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Middle Earth
  • Other Models

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:46 PM

That's the same one I posted above.

Thanks guys :Y: ,

I eventually gave and ordered the one from Germany (ref: Northpole's post), so fingers crossed its as per its picture.

Should be with me Monday or Tuesday next week, I will keep you posted.

If it is the one then i will order the silicone pipe (Creation Motorsport) to complete the circuit. 

#9 Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Middle Earth
  • Other Models

Posted 05 August 2020 - 10:17 AM

I managed to find a charge pipe :- 06A 145 731D. It came yesterday.

The blue silicone hose came today.  Just need to get 2 stainless hose clamps, swap everything over, job done. :Y:

Thanks

Attached File  CHARGE PIPE.JPG   24.94KB   0 downloads

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.