#1 ttg4l

ttg4l

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:20 AM

Just want to see who everyone is insured with.

Renewal time and I don't fancy paying close to £500 to insure a 1.6 Golf :lol-lol:

If we're allowed to talk about forum sponsors, are any of them any good? I've read some bad reviews for 2 of them, but every company has some bad reviews.

Edit: had a call back from one of the sponsors just now and the woman on the phone was bloody snappy and rude so I think AF is out the picture for me.

Edited by ttg4l, 31 July 2020 - 11:30 AM.

#2 Adam_Jonezy

Adam_Jonezy

"I'm not modding this one"

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1702 posts
  • Preston, Lancs
  • Golf IV V5 2.3 20v 170PS

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:58 AM

Just want to see who everyone is insured with.

Renewal time and I don't fancy paying close to £500 to insure a 1.6 Golf :lol-lol:

If we're allowed to talk about forum sponsors, are any of them any good? I've read some bad reviews for 2 of them, but every company has some bad reviews.

Edit: had a call back from one of the sponsors just now and the woman on the phone was bloody snappy and rude so I think AF is out the picture for me.

AF wouldn't insure me last time I tried them either. 

Give Brentacre a call see if they can help. 

I'm currently with Esure who have insured me with my 2.3 V5 Golf for £470 a year, 6 years NCB, crap postcode, and I'm 27 if that helps at all. 

46646425935_ef7f6d720f.jpg

#3 ttg4l

ttg4l

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:15 AM

AF wouldn't insure me last time I tried them either. 

Give Brentacre a call see if they can help. 

I'm currently with Esure who have insured me with my 2.3 V5 Golf for £470 a year, 6 years NCB, crap postcode, and I'm 27 if that helps at all. 

Thanks man. Esure are looking for £523 for me, I'll give Brentacre a call when they re-open on Monday. 

#4 Burgy

Burgy

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Surrey
  • Golf V GT FSI 2.0 150PS

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:46 PM

Cheapest I found was Axa, and each year for the last 4, the price has gone down (only by a couple of quid) even though I already the have maximum no claims that they permit.

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.