Neutron

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 868 posts
  • West Sussex
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v BDE 204PS

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:01 PM

Not that the golf gets the love these days (my other car gets more) but these are the products that actually get used from my shed

Bilt Hamber auto foam in the snow lance

Megs NXT shampoo

Megs clay + Born Slippy clay lube

DA Polish - Menzerna P106FA and/or PO85RD - both work well on my LC9Z and the mrs' LC9X Mk6 and the softer blue Honda paint for the other car

Carlack 68 NSC and/or LLS

Finally a tub of P21S carnuba that I've had for years

#3 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9559 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:43 PM

Just a bucket of water with some cheap carwash shampoo, hell sometimes i even use fairy dish washing liquid... i own a vectra C saloon it doesn't get a lot of love...  got some cheap carnuba wax that every once in a while when i want a super clean car, gets put on but other than just washing it and running it around that is all it gets.. I do however use a nice non shine tire dressing ( the foaming kind) that leaves a nice deep dark tire with a satin finish not that wet-look stuff...

all in all it looks looked after, but it's 17 years old has some battle scars (purposely left on there) and looks oke for it's age... not going for any show and shine... flip that... it's a car... my mk4 golf got the same treatment by the way... washed it often enough to keep it clean and that's it... 

now if it was in showroom condition it would be a different story but it wasn't and i never spend to much time on cleaning anyway... f-that if i want a proper detail i rather have it done professionally... that way if i spot wax that isn't buffed out i can moan and he can do it again. 

It helps i know a detailer that comes out to me if i want it done and for 50 pounds i get a showroom polish and interior deep clean and it takes him the whole day to do one car   :)  . 

#4 Burgy

Burgy

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Surrey
  • Golf V GT FSI 2.0 150PS

Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:33 PM

I use snow foam on the pressure washer, Autoglym shampoo & then Autoglym Super Resin Polish

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.