Burgy

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Surrey
  • Golf V GT FSI 2.0 150PS

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:01 PM

Was carrying out some checks prior to a bit of a trip tomorrow & found some oil at the top of the engine, obviously used (as it was black rather than fresh) I wiped some from the top of the engine, not very much, but there is a little pool in where the Torx bolt is . The car was serviced nearly a year (4000 miles) ago  (and it will have the same with it's MOT in September). The oil level on the dipstick was fine, it doesn't smoke. Any thoughts on where it is coming from?  Edit This was before I removed the Oil filler cap, so it wasn't a drip from that, the Oil at the top of the filler is fine, no milky residue, so hoping not a Head Gasket

50188649792_e498360397_k.jpgIMG_1971 by Paul Burgman, on Flickr

50188424646_eaf5bad6be_k.jpgIMG_1973 by Paul Burgman, on Flickr

TIA

Edited by Burgy, 04 August 2020 - 02:08 PM.

#2 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9789 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:41 PM

It might've been from the oil change a year ago... sometimes they spill some and wipe it off, and they probably missed that bit. I wouldn't worry about it

#3 Burgy

Burgy

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Surrey
  • Golf V GT FSI 2.0 150PS

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:59 PM

Ok cool, thanks

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.