The engine is out of the bag.
What I do know so far is that:
- Cylinder head has been sent off for pressure testing.
- No oil or coolant channels broken on the head gasket.
- Bank 1 (cyl. 1, 3 & 5) hasn't been badly effected - it's all looking fairly clean for the mileage but the valves are looking bit worn but will replace all.
- Bank 2 (cyl. 2, 4 & 6) are effected:
- Head gasket - gone between cyl. 2 and 4.
- Spark plugs 2, 4 & 6 look a bit grim for the very short amount of time these have been on for.
- 12 Valves looking a bit worn with some showing a 2mm of bend on the stems - again, going to replace all of them, not an expensive thing.
- 9 Piston rings to replace.
- Possibly need to replace 3 pistons
Anyhow, won't be using the previous set of no hopers to fix my car. Business owner admitted that he's got an Audi A8 sat that he can't seem to fix despite putting a new engine in! Past 6 months has been like watching a gig by the Pet Shop Boys: One doing the posing behind the laptop with VCDS and the other one singing about how they will change the EVAP stuff, replace all the lambda sensors, spark plugs, MAF, engine mounts, etc... And then proceed to look all pompous at the end of it all.
*because "my customer" doesn't scan.