Burgy

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Surrey
  • Golf V GT FSI 2.0 150PS

Posted 09 August 2020 - 11:11 AM

Anyone got any suggestions for someone or a company that can replace the sagging headlining in my golf? I would do it myself but haven't got the room.  I am thinking that at the same time I may as well replace the existing aerial with a DAB one instead of have a glassmount on the windscreen.  Or if there is anyone on here that could do it for beer tokens, I am in the Surrey area, happy to travel a reasonable distance. let me know!

TIA.

Edited by Burgy, 09 August 2020 - 12:47 PM.

#2 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10777 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 09 August 2020 - 06:45 PM

You don't need any room.  Remove old one, replace.

facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#3 Burgy

Burgy

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Surrey
  • Golf V GT FSI 2.0 150PS

Posted 09 August 2020 - 08:50 PM

Need the room to remove the old molding, strip & replace lining and then replace the whole thing, I don't have anywhere that I can work under cover to glue & trim the material, even outdoors if the weather remains good. If I buy a used one, I have know idea how long it will last before it fails.

Edited by Burgy, 09 August 2020 - 08:54 PM.

#4 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10777 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:43 AM

I don't think they fail, really.  But I hear you, a trimmers would be your best bet because they deal with this sort of stuff all the time.  Personally, I'd go second hand because trimming one will be a fortune.

facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mk5 Golf

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.