Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Forge 008p idle issues

Mk4 Golf 
Tags
mk4 golf
1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Euromk4 
#1 ·
Hi, hope you are all well.

First of all apologies because I am sure this question has been asked many times but I cannot find a clear answer so I thought try to ask myself.

I bought a Forge 008p a little while ago and have had some issues with my car since.

I have a 2002 MK4 GOLF 1.8T AUM and the car began to idle lumpy with revs dropping and climbing once I fitted the new DV. I noticed that the vacuum hose that connects to the top of the DV was slightly flimsy and kinked so I replaced it and things seemed a lot better for a few months. I also suffered the issue of the car stalling when I dipped the clutch to come to a hault in traffic. On top of this the car seemed to lose power every now and again at low revs with the throttle slightly open. All of these problems have since returned.

Everything seems to be running absolutely fine when the vacuum on top of the DV is disconnected.

The Forge 008p was brand new and untouched so I literally fitted it as it comes from the manufacturer.

Could anyone please shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.