#2 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9841 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:35 PM

The car will run on a safe map so it's not the best idea...

#3 DerPanzerWagen

DerPanzerWagen

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Wales
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v BDE 204PS

Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:40 PM

The car will run on a safe map so it's not the best idea...

Damn!

So I have spent this evening goading the locals at the traffic lights for nothing then?

Mind you, impressive mpg. 

#4 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9841 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 25 August 2020 - 05:15 AM

Damn!
So I have spent this evening goading the locals at the traffic lights for nothing then?
Mind you, impressive mpg.

Yeah the mpg isn't accurate at all... as it is calculated without the actual figure needed to do so.

Oww yes the safe map seems to be alright, it isn't just think how much more bhp it will unleash if you put on a MAF that works right. And afaik the v6 engines show the problem at high rpm and after 3rd gear... so yeah your traffic light drag races won't be the ones that you'd notice it...

basically the safe map = less torque, less BHP but if that floats your boat because you don't want to spend money on sorting the MAF problem out, mate it's your car and your wallet you know best. 

#5 DerPanzerWagen

DerPanzerWagen

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Wales
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v BDE 204PS

Posted 25 August 2020 - 07:39 AM

Yeah the mpg isn't accurate at all... as it is calculated without the actual figure needed to do so.

Oww yes the safe map seems to be alright, it isn't just think how much more bhp it will unleash if you put on a MAF that works right. And afaik the v6 engines show the problem at high rpm and after 3rd gear... so yeah your traffic light drag races won't be the ones that you'd notice it...

basically the safe map = less torque, less BHP but if that floats your boat because you don't want to spend money on sorting the MAF problem out, mate it's your car and your wallet you know best. 

It's okay - I put it back together afterwards. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mk4 Golf

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.