MiltDoggie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Spain
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 01 October 2020 - 03:20 PM

Good Afternoon all!

I am currently located in Spain and owner of a 2001 MK4 Golf GTI 1.8T producing a pathetic 150hp from a KO3s turbo from the factory.

As any other speed freak I would like to get more power (duh)! 

Ramair Intake
Forge Turbo Inlet Pipe
Forge Diverter Valve 008
DarksideDevelopements Front Mount Intercooler
Milltek 3 inch decat downpipe 
Milltek catback resonated
A bunch of minor things such as N249, N112, SAI, EGR, PCV delete

Car produces 215hp with 270 pound feet of torque (could've gone for higher figures but I figured to chill as I do not have a uprated fuel pump)

I have been looking online and found BBT (beachbuggyturbos) and TTE (theturboengineers) for ko3s hybrids. I was thinking of going ko4 but then I was like mweh. Or I dont know, should I get a KO4? BBT offers the K280 (I assume it would be safer to choose that compared to the K300) but can anyone chime in on what setups are good? I am kind of in the dark here as my knowledge is quite limited.

I am aiming for over 250-280hp, I don't want crazy stoopid figures as I want reliability too!

I am looking for a hybrid turbo that will: 
Not need whole engine to be rebuilt (new piston rods, valve springs, bearings etc.)
Can be somewhat reliable
Is somewhat a Plug and Play function  
Will not cost an arm and a leg

What other mods would I need? I gathered from online forums Injectors, Fuel pump, Exhaust manifold. What else? What CC injectors?

Any information at all is very much appreciated!

Cheers
Milt

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mk4 Golf

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.