locarno

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Poland
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v SE AUS

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:05 PM

Quick question. Does A/C still drying the air while I have set 100% hot air ? From what I see the Evaporator is behind the flap when we set hot air so it does not work ?

#2 northpole

northpole

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9934 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 12 October 2020 - 05:55 AM

when the a/c is switched off you disengage the a/c compressor, that is what turns it off.. the rest will than act as if it only has a heater matrix and fresh air control.  

#3 bugsy_malone 666

bugsy_malone 666

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v AUE 204PS

Posted 23 October 2020 - 10:18 PM

I haven't looked at how the coils are laid out, but as long as the ac coil is before the heating coil, it will cool the incoming air in from outside, causing the moisture to drop out of the air, then the heater coil will warm the air back up again. That's how 'air conditioning' works, you adjust the moisture by cooling as required then reheat it. Which is why you have the ac on when you are demisting the windscreen, warm air will com out, but it will have had a lot of the moisture removed first helping it clear existing moisture.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.