Hello from myself (Mk4 V5) and son (Mk4 1.4) owners. Airbag Light. - Welcome to uk-mkivs - uk-mkivs

Photo

Hello from myself (Mk4 V5) and son (Mk4 1.4) owners. Airbag Light.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brookdown1958

Brookdown1958

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • sussex
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 14 October 2020 - 11:52 AM

I've been a Golf owner for many years now having been through Mk2 gti, Mk3 Vr6, and now Mk4 V5 so have dealt with most issues over the years (although thanks to VW engineering not many) However, I'm hoping to find someone local  (Pulborough W Sussex)  with Vag or vcds who might be able to help both my son and myself  have our airbag lights turned off after we changed our seats. Willing to travel but as we have 2 cars with same problem hoping we might be able to bribe someone to come to us?  

#2 ttg4l

ttg4l

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 14 October 2020 - 01:34 PM

Welcome!

You should be able to do this with a KKL cable that you can get from eBay for under a tenner.

Had my seats out at the weekend and you've reminded me I need to switch mine off too, so thanks for that.

#3 Brookdown1958

Brookdown1958

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • sussex
  • Mk4 Models

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:15 PM

thanks Just Grazing, I've got a simple OBD diagnostic handheld but only has access to the engine diagnostics. I'd read that Airbag fault was a hard trip and had to be done by VCDS....You've given me the confidence and title to stick into Ebay so hopefully I'll know before the MOT that that's the cure. .......apart from having to dig out an old  windows laptop from somewhere as we went Mac about 10yrs ago!  

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.