Mk4 golf boot popper via rear wiper stalk - Audio, Electrics and Lighting - uk-mkivs

Photo

Mk4 golf boot popper via rear wiper stalk

Mk4 Golf

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mikesmithmedia

Mikesmithmedia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Derby, UK
  • Golf IV Match 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 29 October 2020 - 06:11 PM

Ok I’m doing a very simple mod but can’t quite get my head around the wiring.

I have a smooth boot, with no rear wiper, I want to push my wiper stalk forward to open my boot.

I have a solenoid that was already in my boot, I think it is a central locking unit, that was plugged in with a plug that has 2 wires, green and blue. I have a wiper motor plug that has 4 wires which isn’t connected to anything as I don’t have a rear wiper motor installed.

How do I wire this up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#2 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10026 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 29 October 2020 - 06:28 PM

You might want to reconsider that... as you can get a boot unlock switch from a passat and put that in the mid console ... far more of a oem plus upgrade than messing about with the wiperstalk plus you can pull separate wiring for it and fuse it properly.

Way better that way.
  • Mikesmithmedia likes this

#3 Mikesmithmedia

Mikesmithmedia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Derby, UK

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:20 PM

You might want to reconsider that... as you can get a boot unlock switch from a passat and put that in the mid console ... far more of a oem plus upgrade than messing about with the wiperstalk plus you can pull separate wiring for it and fuse it properly.

Way better that way.

I agree that is a better way but a lot more wiring, I’m literally no good at this kind of thing so just needed the simpliest way lol

#4 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10026 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:27 PM

That is the easiest way of doing it... you take 12v from the fused cigarette lighter put the switch on it and pull 2 wires to the popper done... you can integrate it the way you want but that means you need to findout what wires you need and if they are fused properly... pulling your own means you know exactly what is what.

#5 The_Moose

The_Moose

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • MKI Models

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:35 PM

The wiper stalk might be dodgy as you’d need to be careful not to push it by mistake while driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

I'm not the 'droid you're looking for.

• Moderators
  • 50148 posts
  • Crawley,West Sussexcestershire
  • Bus Stop Backwards Roof Fire -190PS

Posted 29 October 2020 - 08:19 PM

The wiper stalk might be dodgy as you’d need to be careful not to push it by mistake while driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's easy enough to open circuit it with a relay powered from any ignition live wire.

#7 Mikesmithmedia

Mikesmithmedia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Derby, UK

Posted 29 October 2020 - 10:17 PM

It’s the 2 wires that run into the solenoid that’s confusing me

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mk4 Golf

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.