Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Door trim and dashboard fitting

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  northpole 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a question about door trim and dashboard connection. It is ok or it is crooked? LHD car

6198178200_1605628802_thumb.jpg

you can see that door trim line is much lower thank dashboard line.

On the opposite site it looks better. How about your cars?

See less See more
#8 ·
Take the car back to the bodyshop that did the paintwork... they probably mounted the door back and didn't check if it was on straight... aka the sagging door symptom...

because the door panels will be on in the right spot everytime as there is almost no space to move it about... the clips all fit into holes that are just about big enough... so you can try and move the door card up a bit by removing the bolts than pushing the door card up, and bolt it down in the higher position.. but like i said the movement is about 2mm to 3mm not enough to show a gap like that... so yeah that door is most likely sagging.

you can DIY it as it's ust a few bolts that need slacking door, pushed/pulled up than be bolted down again.. but why do it yourself if you had a bodyshop deal with it and they clearly didn't put it on right? take it back let them sort it since you just noticed it.

#9 ·
Take the car back to the bodyshop that did the paintwork... they probably mounted the door back and didn't check if it was on straight... aka the sagging door symptom...

because the door panels will be on in the right spot every time as there is almost no space to move it about... the clips all fit into holes that are just about big enough... so you can try and move the door card up a bit by removing the bolts than pushing the door card up, and bolt it down in the higher position.. but like i said the movement is about 2mm to 3mm not enough to show a gap like that... so yeah that door is most likely sagging.

you can DIY it as it's ust a few bolts that need slacking door, pushed/pulled up than be bolted down again.. but why do it yourself if you had a bodyshop deal with it and they clearly didn't put it on right? take it back let them sort it since you just noticed it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.