adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10779 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:48 PM

Sooo, I don't know if this worked when I got the car or if it's something I've done, but: I have no interior lights whatsoever (ONLY passenger rear reading light).  No boot lights.  No puddle lights.

Traced wiring diagrams and Pin 20 on the CCM feeds the lot.  There is 12v on Pin 20.  Feeding boot light with 12v lights it up and it goes off with the latch.  Does not light interior lights.  Feeding interior lights (at either the drivers door or the harness on the A pillar) will illuminate interior lights but no boot lights.

Picture attached.  Can someone help? :(

Attached Files

facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#2 Glendil

Glendil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1609 posts
  • Croydon
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:50 PM

Sooo, I don't know if this worked when I got the car or if it's something I've done, but: I have no interior lights whatsoever (ONLY passenger rear reading light). No boot lights. No puddle lights.

Traced wiring diagrams and Pin 20 on the CCM feeds the lot. There is 12v on Pin 20. Feeding boot light with 12v lights it up and it goes off with the latch. Does not light interior lights. Feeding interior lights (at either the drivers door or the harness on the A pillar) will illuminate interior lights but no boot lights.

Picture attached. Can someone help? :(

We get this on missus old mk4 I changed map light worked for abit then stopped again u got beeps on lock and unlock notice when u lock it don’t beep to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolf gttdi asz 130/200 ish MK4 Golf 1.8t aum running after hard graph

http://GLENDILS 1.8T...DI BUILD THREAD

Genuine ross tech hex+can code mk4 clocks and keys mte lit needles and other adaptions read faults and send in email PM me

#3 ttg4l

ttg4l

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:30 AM

My interior lights are a bit temperamental, front unit needs the sliding switch to be moved a fraction of a millimeter to make the lights work again, sometimes giving it a thump works, sometimes it just works on its own. Rear interior lights need a thump on the headliner just in front of the units to make them work.

Is there continuity between the boot and interior light units, and the CCM?

And I hate to ask because I feel like this would've been the first thing you checked, but have you checked fuses? It's on one of the mini blade fuses, can't remember which one, but I think it's the same fuse for remote central locking so if that's working then I guess you can rule it out.

#4 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10779 posts
  • Glasgow

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:42 PM

Found it. Connection is on the passenger side, just beside the door connector. It's wrapped up but had rotten through. Repaired and have interior and boot back.

Attached Files

• Glendil likes this
facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

#5 Glendil

Glendil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1609 posts
  • Croydon

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:29 PM

Found it. Connection is on the passenger side, just beside the door connector. It's wrapped up but had rotten through. Repaired and have interior and boot back.

Nice how is the build going

Genuine ross tech hex+can code mk4 clocks and keys mte lit needles and other adaptions read faults and send in email PM me

#6 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10779 posts
  • Glasgow

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:38 PM

Also have no comms with the ECU (which I did have previously).  Pin 3, 21, 62 all have power.  No EML and no throttle.  Not the ECU.  It's doing my nut in.  Had it all pieced together and now the dash is back out and it looks a total mess :(

#7 Glendil

Glendil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1609 posts
  • Croydon

Posted 22 November 2020 - 09:02 PM

Also have no comms with the ECU (which I did have previously). Pin 3, 21, 62 all have power. No EML and no throttle. Not the ECU. It's doing my nut in. Had it all pieced together and now the dash is back out and it looks a total mess :(

ffs I’m sure it’s simple well hope it is

#8 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10779 posts
  • Glasgow

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:59 PM

ffs I’m sure it’s simple well hope it is

I think the ECU is bricked.

#9 Glendil

Glendil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1609 posts
  • Croydon

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:23 PM

I think the ECU is bricked.

It wasn’t me this time

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.