Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Poland
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v SE AUS

Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:42 PM

Hello

How do you lifting your cars ? On my Mk4 this element on photo was distorted. On my B5.5 someone put jack too far and pushed floor to the inside along with CCM (ccm in B5.5 is under the driver carpet).

4534094600_1606498752.png

I got fixed this part on mk4 and I want to ask how to prevent it from distorting again? Especially when you giving car to a workshop.

#2 Gti Fly

Gti Fly

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10615 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:45 PM

I jack the subframe bolt , if lifting at the front . I don't like jacking the sills, they are so delicate. On the rear I jack the front of the trailing arm, but u don't have the same arm on 2wd golfs.

U can't stop a garage doing what they do.

<a href="https://uk-mkivs.net/...d-0-60-569secs/">Click for pics of my car</a>
Shoulda got a 150 tdi - everyone knows they are best..

#3 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10927 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 28 November 2020 - 10:54 AM

If you use the widow maker it's not so bad, but they're not meant for persistent jacking.  If it's going to a shop, it'll go on a ramp and they won't bend in.  Only using a floor jack kills them.

facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.