Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

seats and rear doors swap estate /hatch

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  adam- 
#1 ·
Just a quick question are the estate rear doors and rear seats the same as the 5 door hatch? im going to looking for leather at some point.

#4 ·
This post has been moved.Always ask technical questions in the relevant technical section.
The question spans 2 sections but is the same question so thats why its posted in the general questions and not a subsection thats not appropriate
I'll be honest, I agree with OP here. You're too happy to post the same generic comment again and again and it will literally drive people away because they don't categorise questions in the same way you do.

#5 ·
To be honest I found the comment rude. I don't think ill be bothering with this forum any longer , its seems to have lost its way since I was last on here a few years ago. A forum is here to help others with similar interests and in a light hearted way. Fortunately the vw scene will survive without this nonsense.

#6 ·
the answer to the question is yes... they are the same.. so if you want leather you'll need them from a 5 door hatch as there weren't much estates ordered with full leathers.. even in mainland Europe they are hard to find like that sold from the factory as they usually were bought as work horses so the cheaper cloth interior helped keep the price down...

#7 ·
To be honest I found the comment rude. I don't think ill be bothering with this forum any longer , its seems to have lost its way since I was last on here a few years ago. A forum is here to help others with similar interests and in a light hearted way. Fortunately the vw scene will survive without this nonsense.
If it's any consolation, he uses the same remark for any post that he deems not in the correct category, so don't worry about it too much.

I didn't want to say because I'm not that confident, but I'd have said they are they same. If Northpole says they are, they will be!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.