#1 xbl

xbl

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Chester
  • Bora V6 4motion 2.8 24v 204PS

Posted 28 November 2020 - 04:00 PM

Hi guys and girls, a bit of a weird one with my bora 4 motion.... Basically when I lock/unlock the car, either with the key, the buttons on the drivers door or the actual door lock the tailgate pops open, this has coincided with a "new to it" tailgate being fitted and the microswitch not opening the tailgate (I have confirmed this works with a multimeter). The original tailgate was rotten around the number plate and tbh I can't remember whether the electric release worked or not.

TIA

#2 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

I'm not the 'droid you're looking for.

• Moderators
  • 50148 posts
  • Crawley,West Sussexcestershire
  • Bus Stop Backwards Roof Fire -190PS

Posted 28 November 2020 - 08:49 PM

This post has been moved.Always ask technical questions in the relevant technical section.

#3 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10884 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 28 November 2020 - 09:46 PM

Check the wiring in the conduit between the boot/shell.

• xbl likes this
facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#4 vwman

vwman

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Bora V6 4motion 2.8 24v 204PS

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:16 AM

As above.  The wires break with age / use and all sorts of weird things happen - in my case the boot release wouldn't open.  I fixed some broken wires in situ a few years ago, but the problem returned.  I've just finished replacing all the wires in the above conduit completely, and that's sorted it.

• xbl likes this

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.