bugsy_malone 666

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v AUE 204PS

Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:15 AM

So I have a Vr6 4Motion, its been stock about 18 months with the exception for the fact I hand cast a fibreglass rear splitter, using the old one to cast on, for the fact I had fitted an R32 exhaust (factory sporty rather than too loud). I didnt want to cut up the old 4motion one and needed to clear the tail pipes.

I had gotten a fibreglass R32 rear bumper with the exhaust, which the fit was shocking, so I cut that up and started stitching it back together to fit better (havent bothered finishing it yet), but wasnt sure if I wanted to go down that route.

So I saw a 4motion v6 that had an Anniversary pair of splitters on it and I was thinking that they just seem a bit lower/bigger than the V6 ones, I was thinking of getting a R32 front bumper, but then I was looking at the Anniversary splitter, I came across this one:

s-l500.jpg

And also saw this one and thought it looked a bit different:

s-l1600.jpg

Like the actual black one was not as deep and had grills built in.

So I wondered are there actually different Anniversary Splitters?

Equally with rear splitters can you actually fit factory mud flaps?

#2 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10054 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:20 AM

the black one isn't an Anniversary lip.. it's a copy and a bad one too once you put it on it protrudes so far forward it looks like a bucktooth but if yo like that type of thing than by all means save money and go for that... the only anniversary parts you can buy now are used or copies and the better copies are usually made from fibreglass, aka GRP... not once have i seen a good Anniversary copy made from ABS plastic...(check ebay for a polish company that makes anniversary copies if that is what you want) 

what you should be looking at is an R-line rear bumper copy as they look and fit a lot better than most copies...and can be had with the r rear exhaust holes cutout (mind you they aren't cheap) but they look like the real deal and fitment is spot on.. (one of the reasons they are so expensive) 

basically both options for good copies are expensive, hell count the cost of your car and the body kit plus the paint work and you can buy a mk4  r32 or Anniversary. 

#3 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9388 posts
  • Leicester
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AGU 150PS

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:27 AM

You can still get R32 genuine front bumpers from Germany... maybe an option. Genuine Rline rears are hens teeth.

:Y:

Golf 1.8T AGU | 232Bhp | Rtech | k03s | Blueflame turbo-back exhaust | K & N panel | SFS / Forge hoses | TurboRevs SMIC | VR6 Clutch | SMF | Saikou Michi catch can | Bilstein B14s | S3 upper & lower braces | Eibach 25mm ARBs | All SuperPro bushes | 312mm/256mm brakes | 18" BBS RCs | Rline rear | R32 front | Hoefle skirts | OEM Xenons | Retrofit heated seats | One touch demister | W8 Interior light | Sunroof | TT Hubs | TT wishbones | TT quick rack |

#4 bugsy_malone 666

bugsy_malone 666

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v AUE 204PS

Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:18 PM

the black one isn't an Anniversary lip.. it's a copy and a bad one too once you put it on it protrudes so far forward it looks like a bucktooth but if yo like that type of thing than by all means save money and go for that... the only anniversary parts you can buy now are used or copies and the better copies are usually made from fibreglass, aka GRP... not once have i seen a good Anniversary copy made from ABS plastic...(check ebay for a polish company that makes anniversary copies if that is what you want) 

what you should be looking at is an R-line rear bumper copy as they look and fit a lot better than most copies...and can be had with the r rear exhaust holes cutout (mind you they aren't cheap) but they look like the real deal and fitment is spot on.. (one of the reasons they are so expensive) 

basically both options for good copies are expensive, hell count the cost of your car and the body kit plus the paint work and you can buy a mk4  r32 or Anniversary. 

Yeah I was thinking something wrong with that black one!

Fibreglass can get gotten to fit, but seems just whole bumpers are horrible, I'd imagine that maybe something like the splitter might be fairly easy, hell I cast my own! I just wanted something thats a bit deeper, I think the problem with the R32 bodykit is people see it and expect the R32 performance, the V6 isnt far off, but isnt quite the same. Then theres the other issue, people think its an R32 and want a race, but the Anniversary kit is a bit more subtle while lookign a bit beefier.

I might keep looking, as I am just slowly ruining the car, so far A3 half leather seats, R32 exhaust (might change it to something custom) I have some of the old RS8 alloys that everyone used to stick on these that need refurbing, which is a cheap thing to do, then want to make it just look a fraction better.

To be fair I shouldnt be doing any of it as the car was my daily and was replaced as a daily 12 months ago, but still I keep 'toying' as when do you get a low mileage V6 to muck about with?

Is it these ones from Poland:

https://www.ebay.co....6UAAOSwg31aUy~F

Edited by bugsy_malone 666, 12 January 2021 - 01:19 PM.

#5 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10054 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:21 PM

Yes that is the company...I actually had their copies in my hands a few times and didn't have to alter them to fit as the copies are made from oem parts.

#6 McPikie

McPikie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:45 PM

I bought the "anni" one from eurowagons, which looks NOTHING like anni, it's a copy of the JOM blade. slightly intoxicated me off, but they refused to fund me returning it to them, quoting me £26 postage. Richard Heads. 

I've kept it for now, but will be getting the anni copy from poland soon

#7 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10054 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:10 PM

I bought the "anni" one from eurowagons, which looks NOTHING like anni, it's a copy of the JOM blade. slightly intoxicated me off, but they refused to fund me returning it to them, quoting me £26 postage. Richard Heads.

I've kept it for now, but will be getting the anni copy from poland soon

As I said it's not an anniversary copy it's a copy of a cheap German alterative... anyway... if I was the OP I would Google: golf mk4 r-line rear bumper to see what I was on about...

And afaik that polish manufacturer in eBay does a full mk4 r32 copy set not the r-line one...

this is the r-line rear bumper

b64b56ce5aae699fe1d53807276e74c4.jpg

it is different but in a good way.. it doesn't scream R32 but deffo something different and way more stylish than the r32 oem offering

#8 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9388 posts
  • Leicester

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:52 PM

Guys, I think the days where you need to worry about people wanting to race a mk4 Golf are long since past. Any modern hot hatch is going to seriously embarrass most of our cars.

I've always been an OEM styling enthusiast and the mk4, like any of its predecessors will get respect and admiration in it's natural form. Especially given it age now. People look at my mk4 and give a nod, they don't pick a road race nowadays, they look it over, in what seems to be admiration. I:m hoping that anyway!
Most weeks my other half says someone commented on the the car again (it's her daily).

My point is, don't shy away from fitting OEM stuff because it will get you unwanted attention, a tidy mk4 has started to carry respect.

:)

Golf 1.8T AGU | 232Bhp | Rtech | k03s | Blueflame turbo-back exhaust | K & N panel | SFS / Forge hoses | TurboRevs SMIC | VR6 Clutch | SMF | Saikou Michi catch can | Bilstein B14s | S3 upper & lower braces | Eibach 25mm ARBs | All SuperPro bushes | 312mm/256mm brakes | 18" BBS RCs | Rline rear | R32 front | Hoefle skirts | OEM Xenons | Retrofit heated seats | One touch demister | W8 Interior light | Sunroof | TT Hubs | TT wishbones | TT quick rack |

#9 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10054 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 13 January 2021 - 05:24 AM

@NooNoo: You do realise that the r-line bumper i just put up is a creation by VW and the one in the picture actually is the real deal not a copy?

And he isn't on about fitting non OEM, he can't find OEM anniversary parts so will have to find the best copies unless he wants used parts.

#10 Adam_Jonezy

Adam_Jonezy

"I'm not modding this one"

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1711 posts
  • Preston, Lancs
  • Golf IV V5 2.3 20v 170PS

Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:32 AM

I'm hopefully buying the Polish Anni kit next week, they're supposed to be really good quality ABS parts. 

How does it work with getting stuff delivered from outside the UK now we've left the EU? 

46646425935_ef7f6d720f.jpg

#11 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10054 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:17 AM

The prices are still the same the new rules aren't in effect just yet so if you need stuff from abroad, do it through PayPal, just incase they decide to overcharge you, you can just tell PayPal to refund you. Especually if you haven't received the item just yet as they need to put the shipping costs right if they haven't that is their loss not yours.

#12 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9388 posts
  • Leicester

Posted 13 January 2021 - 05:01 PM

The OP mentioned R32 kits get unwanted attention, I was just making the point that's not the case.
If you can't get Anni but still get genuine R32 stuff then that's an option.
I hadn't even looked at the Rline pic.

#13 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10054 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:43 PM

The OP mentioned R32 kits get unwanted attention, I was just making the point that's not the case.
If you can't get Anni but still get genuine R32 stuff then that's an option.
I hadn't even looked at the Rline pic.

oke, doesn't really matter but if the car isn't an r32 buying new OEM is a waste of money... you can actually buy another mk4 that needs nothing and has a full years mot and warranty for the price of an OEM r32 bodykit , than because you bought them new it's best to have it painted professionally.. total price of all that is almost a mk4 r32....  in that case just buy a mk4 r32 and be done with it... you'll have the better  r32 interior, the engine, the 4 motion, the bigger brakes and better looking wheels, and the best oem suspension ever put on a mk4 from factory... 

so unless you are building a modified show car buying oem bodykits is a waste of money, but that is my opinion. I actually don't even think i'd ever buy a mk4 golf again, not even an anniversary or an r32... these cars are getting to the point where it's almost not even worth replacing the clutch, as for the money of the parts you can replace the whole car... 

#14 NooNoo

NooNoo

NooNoo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9388 posts
  • Leicester

Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:24 PM

If I'm honest, I'm starting to plan my exit strategy on the Mk4. It's just too old. It's hard because the car still looks good.

Just night and day when I jump in the ED30. Although I destroyed the mk4 ride comfort with mods.

Nothing lasts forever.

:Y:

• northpole likes this

#15 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10054 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:21 AM

if i'd own a ed30 mk5 golf the mk4 would be sold immediately just to be able to spruce up the ed30...  but i do agree with you it's such a big difference not only comfort but handling is so much better straight out of the box, and even a mk5 GTI with worn suspension feels better than a mk4 GTI on oem suspension.   

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.