#1 kyle2706

kyle2706

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Northern Ireland
  • Jetta S 1.9 TDI 105PS

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:26 PM

Have a 2007 Jetta 1.9 105 bxe and have been looking for a good brake disk/pad combination and best place to purchase. Must measure my disks as I'm not sure of the size, was thinking of going for brembo disks and either green stuff or yellow stuff pads. Disks and pads are currently just cheep rubish and feel terrible one is also very badly warped. Recommendations appreciated thanks.My car is not standard its 175bhp and I like to push it on at times only reason I'm looking performance stuff.

#2 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10280 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:48 PM

the brembo disks (their oem replacements) are just fine if that is what you want, check the website of GSF as they sometimes have a 50% discount on Brembo pads and disks

My go to brand is Zimmermann (German engineering) for OEM replacement disks with a sportier look (either dimpled/slotted or a combo of both) 

#3 kyle2706

kyle2706

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Northern Ireland
  • Jetta S 1.9 TDI 105PS

Posted 03 March 2021 - 10:47 PM

Thanks must get a look on gsf!

#4 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10280 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 05 March 2021 - 11:05 AM

Thanks must get a look on gsf!

actually was on ECP yesterday they got 50% of brembo brakes... have a look ;)

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.